Deshadan Cliff & Beach Resort
Good 3.5/5
InDa Hotel(Varkala)
  • Restaurant
    Great 4.5/5
    All reviewsswimming poolpoolside roomkept immaculately cleanroom servicewalkable distancefive minute walkwestern foodquiet locationnice poolsouthern indiatibetan marketrooms are spaciousfive nightscomfortable stayvisited varkalatuk tukbeach resort
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed November 25, 2012

I am currently living in Kochi and wanted to go for a weekend get away.A friend of mine suggested Deshadan Resort.We were very happy and was really confortable.Very friendly and professional staff,Room and bathroom was very clean...Lovely pool.Good breakfast in the morning and so over all noting to complain...Keep up the good work guys...Three chears !!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
    Anup B, Director of Sales at Deshadan Cliff & Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your great comments.

Hope you can share your good experiences with your loved and near ones.

Regards

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Lovely experience at this hotel for me n my girl friend.all staffs are extremely courteous& Friendly including general manager abhi(hope I spelt rite).lovely food in the cliff and in the hotel aswell
    Since it’s the last part of our journey we thought of taking a private taxi from the cliff as we are planning to save a few shilling .Got a bit less than the hotel offered. Nice driver.But the journey to airport was snails pace.Taxi arrived on time.Heavy rain . Driver extremely friendly and helpful as me and girlfriend get planked into sagging back seat……doors kept shut with help of coat hangers…….air conditioning supplied by lack of windscreen. ready for journey n car didn’t start. Other taxi drivers give us a push start…driver proudly announces scheduled route etc pilot style……no safety briefing though!one wiper doesn’t work. ."we asked him the reason and he replied with a smile one is more than enough for him So now we were going at a snail's pace so to avoid death.my girl friend given out to me for this heaven forbid decision of getting a private taxi n try to save a few shilling by chancing LIFE…
    AFTER ALL VARKALA IS A NICE N PEACEFUL LOCATION N BETTER THAN GOA……HIGLY RECOMMEND EXCEPT THE TAXI IN CLIFF

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
    2  Thank davedude80

Dear Sir,

It was wonderful to read and understand that you had a great stay but felt upset the way the taxi person operated.

We will look into the matter with the concerned authorities as such events bring down the image of the location.

Looking forward to serving you better.

Thanks and Regards

Reviewed October 31, 2012

we stayed at the Deshadan in October, the hotel was spotlessly clean and the pool was fabulous. The location was perfect - close enough to the cliff to pop to the restaurants but far away enough to ensure peace and quiet.

We were stupid enough to leave our passports, cash and credit cards in the hotel safe (entirely our fault), after a 3hour train journey to Aleppey we realised our mistake. We called the Deshadan and they sent someone over with them first thing the next morning so that we wouldnt have to waste a day of our holiday on the train. This was so kind and helpful and they did this without asking for any money - perfect service, a real home from home where the staff really go out of their way to look after you.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
    2  Thank victoria b
    anup1, Manager at Deshadan Cliff & Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experiences of Deshadan Hospitality.

We expect to offer the home away home experience to all our valued guest who has stayed with us.

Looking forward to serving you again.

Regards

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed in 3 a/c poolside rooms artistically arranged as per names given of different Indian States/cities. Resort is detached cottage type with lawn & gardens in between. Guests like it's cool & refreshing Pool for a swim. Restaurant was average,but service really polite & helpful. Location was not very convenient for oldies like us, it was good 15 mts walk from the beach.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Sir,

As rightly said the property is equally liked by all.

We expect to deliver the same experiences to all our guest at all time.

Warm Regards

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We spent 3 days here as part of our India tour holiday and we really loved the hotel and our room. The hotel is situated in a lovely garden with a small pool and an outdoor restaurant. It's about a 10 minute walk from the main drag on the cliff so in a really good location.

The boys who cleaned the room were really nice and polite, as was the manager, who was very helpful. However, I can't say the same for waiter who served us our breakfast each day.

There was only one other couple in the hotel while we were there so we virtually had the place to ourselves. This might sound like a great situation to most people but I believe that was part of the problem. We went to the restaurant and sat waiting for our breakfast. Usually after about a 10 minute wait the waiter would appear. He handed us a couple of menus and my husband asked for toast and some fruit. As I have coeliac I have to watch what I eat. Indian food is usually fine so I selected a Masala Dosa from the breakfast menu. The waiter informed me that the dosas were off that morning so I asked for something else and was told that it wasn't available either. He suggested I eat Idli - rice cakes with a side dish of curried vegetables. It was okay but I'd tasted better. The next morning the same thing - everything I asked for was off the menu and I was brought the curried veg and a lump of rice - not even heated.

On the third morning when the same thing happened I asked him why he bothered to bring me a menu as I clearly wasn't being given a choice and felt that I was being given what the staff were having for breakfast or last night's leftovers. He replied that he would bring me a dosa. Twenty minutes later he arrived with the same curried veg and a couple of rice pancakes that had seen better days. I let him know I was angry and when my husband had finished his breakfast we went to see the manager. He had got there first and had told the manager that I didn't like the food because it was too spicy. Having lived in North Africa I have eaten food a lot spicier and hotter than anything he could have served me and, in fact most mornings back home I eat fried chillies for breakfast. The manager was very nice and apologised profusely. Unfortunately this spoiled my opinion of the hotel, hence the reason for the poor rating. A pity really, because the place, and the rest of the staff, can't be faulted.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
    3  Thank Arnuba

Dear Sir,

Our sincere apologies for the entire episode.In fact such incidents dosen't really happen in our properties.

We have spoken to the staff and made him realize the repercussions as it affects the overall brand image of the group.

At this moment we have only one thing to say " Extremely sorry ".

We hope and also guarantee our valued guest that such incidents will never occur again.

Warm Regards