Kadaltheeram Ayurvedic Beach Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Varkala
See available hotels
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsinitial consultationspent weeksrelaxing placetreatmentmeditationseagarden
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 8, 2013

it's now 3 years that i use to come again in kadaltheeram ayurvedic resort and it is just wonderful to come back here and feel how this palce is the right one to heal perfectly body and mind.All the staff is always a very skilled and professional and the 2 doctors who are operating here with great experience and passion, are absolutely fantastic. my feeling has been since the beginning confident and safe because they can understand, as the ancient ayurvedic medicine tought, all the entire person they are in front of them. this way the mind and the body can be prepared and healed all together to get immediately a sense of wellness that last, almost for me that i use to come back every year, longer and longer. the 4 hands massage are done with such a professional touch and the food is prepared following the suggestions of the doctors and matching with all medicaments. the location is fantastic by the beach and close to many interesting spots, like ashram little villages and the famous back waters.the balance prices and treatment are very very good. so don't need to say anything else but to try this wonderful experience here. cheers emanuela gramatica

Room Tip: All the rooms are very nice and comfortable in front of a wonderful palm trees garden.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank emanuela_gramatica
Reviewed June 2, 2011

In January 2011 I arrived at Kadaltheeram Beach Resort for 3 week ayurveda threatment and felt right away like in heaven. After a warm welcome at the reception with sweet Generalmanager Mister Robi - who was always there for m,e when I needed something no matter what - and Dr. Honey - who startet the same day with the fabulose threatment at the spa. The most competent, friendly and charming girls that one can imagine are givíng me my threatment at the spa and switched away my tiredness after beeing on the road for 48 hours amediatly and I was one step closer to heaven. My room was just fine for me, as I traveld by myself. The view from my balkon was breethtaking beautiful and inspired me to do my " every day privat yoga" at 6 in the morning. The mornings are full with natural sounds from the forest, birds singing, some flutplayer somewhere, the palmtree in the morning mist.............again......almost heaven. The yogahall - which was new built when I was there - was also a great place to start your day with yoga and the beautiful ocean view. I was lucky to be there for the opening of this hall by the great yogateacher and person Doris from Innsbruck, and had a wunderful lesson with her and all the 15 other great guests that stayed there that time. I will never forget this morning. I also have to mention the good food, which is cooked for every patient`s dosha separete, and the lovely service - always friendly and smiling and willing to serve you as best as the can. I felt more like living in a family, than in a resort and this is the secret of Kadaltheeram Ayurvedic Beach Resort. Not to forget the wonderful Dr. Raju Honey (nomen est omen) who is the heart of Kadaltheeram Ayurvedic Beach Resort and I had for the first time in my life a qualitative high level threathment true him and his massage-teams, which had a long lasting effect for months after beeing back home. My resumee: I met the most lovely persons there (guests and crew) and I will be back one January 1. in 2012 with a friend in Kadaltheeram Ayurvedic Beach Resort where for me is "almost heaven". Ingrid from Austria

Room Tip: all best rooms
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
10  Thank suryia
Reviewed January 6, 2011

I got information about this resort in Varkala through a medical services organization Artha. They had provided options to take a vacation in 3-4 resorts in south India. As Kadaltheeram looked interesting we chose this. We booked in the month of May, crazy time to go to Kerala, as it gets very hot and humid. But surprisingly, we had a pleasant weather near to the resort and we enjoyed it very much. We got down at Varkala train station, had a great breakfast at Hotel Janardhana(right in front of train station), it looks shabby, but iddiappams and chicken curry are fantastic. We then took auto to the resort, costed us Rs.90/. Checkin was easy, we got room 105. The place was picturesque, lot of coconut trees, greenery and plenty of hammocks. Hot water didnt come though. Bathrooms are great, neatly maintained, flooring very white and clean.The basin was quite elevated, shower was also quite high, giving us a feeling that it was designed for Europeans. Walk of <1 min and you get to the beach, its not a beach that you can walk on, has rocks and is walled. But we can take right and keep walking, you will hit the beach. There also was some backwater kind of thing still further ahead, which we didnt venture out. As it was off season, we were the only people in the resort, but we still got good service. Food was quite expensive, but very tasty at the same time. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The next day we explored the little village of Edava (you need to go 1km to main road and then take right), and had great lunch of thali+fish curry and fry at small hotel called Nadhan (You can only see Meals Ready board). There was some awesome Malayalam songs with great vocals in the background too. There were fans which were keeping us cool; food was great, melodious music going on, no crowd at all, overall an awesome experience.

Overall, it was a great experience to stay in this small lovely place ‘Varkala’ and at the lonely and relaxed resort! Big thumbs up to this trip!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2010

I spent 4 weeks and enjoyed the complete Ayurvedic treatment. Dr. Honey and his team are fabulous and I returned as newborn! I lost weight, got a fantastic - almost wrinkle free skin and I just felt light and happy. The garden is a place for really relax. The staff in Restaurant, Reception and in the medical part are all friendly and you really feel the hospitality!
I will be back - for sure!
sissifritz@gmail.com

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank sissifritz
Reviewed January 26, 2010

This is a great place to escape the hustle and bustle of India, eat delicious food and take long walks along the beach. Most clients do go for the Ayurvedic treatments but not all. I suggest you give them a try, maybe you'll learn something and feel even better!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends