This hotel is in a good location, set back from the main pathway on the cliff top and nearby to steps down to a wonderful beach. We stayed in a first floor deluxe A/c room which had a good size balcony where you can sit and watch the sun go down over the sea. The rooms are large, clean and functional, though I would advise to take a mosi net if you want a good night’s sleep. Both nights we were woken by cockroaches scurrying around the room! The mosi net gives you peace of mind....even after dealing with them!
The rooms are expensive compared to some of the other places we viewed (and stayed in for the rest of our time in Varkala) along the cliff and its best to negotiate the price first as they do vary in Hill View. Disappointingly the rooms were not cleaned and towels were not changed each day - we had to ask one evening for the room to be serviced which we did not experience or have to request elsewhere.
The big plus for this place is the location and the restaurant on site which is excellent and very popular. The breakfasts included within your room rate are very good and set you up for the day ahead!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our family run hotel is beautifully located on top of the spectacular and unique red cliff on the seashore with magnificent views, offering comfortable, clean, quiet rooms and independent cottages, nicely situated in a tropical garden setting with small pond. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Hill View Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hill View Beach Hotel Varkala
- Hill View Beach Resort Varkala, Kerala