“Highly Recommended”
Review of Yog Mandala

Yog Mandala
More attraction details
Owner description: Daily Meditation, Hatha, Vinyasa Flow, Ashtanga yoga classes. Yoga Teacher Training course - 600 hours. Dr Kamaraj holds a Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences (BNYS) degree and is a Yoga Alliance International Certified Yoga Teacher.
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Highly Recommended”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I discovered Dr Kamaraj's yoga classes when attending Namasthe Ayurvedic Mission (which I also highly recommend). The fact that I was a novice to yoga didn't matter. He is such a good teacher that I felt I was learning all the time and never out of my depth. Dr Kamaraj taught me that yoga develops strength, stamina & balance as well as flexibility – and that flexibility is a consequence of practising yoga, not a prerequisite. If you're a beginner and unsure about whether you'll be able for yoga - go for it with Yog Mandala. You won't regret it.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank deewho

Malmo, Sweden
“Excellent yoga experience!”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I had my very first yoga experience in Varkala and thanks to Kamaraj I'm still very much in love with the practice! Kamaraj is a very thorough and knowledgeable teacher, with a great sense of balance when it comes to how much to challenge his students physically and mentally for us to make progress. In just a few weeks we learnt so much! I will definitely be back in Varkala soon again! =D

Visited March 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Really beautiful experience”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I am so grateful that I met Kamaraj. he is an amazing yoga teacher and Ayurvedic masseuse. I was staying in varkala, south of india for 2 and half weeks and the whole time I was there the treatment i had with kam helped me grow and heal so much of myself. I would reccomend this centre to anybody looking to relax, looking to deeply heal there body and mind and be in a safe and secure environment. Kam's ashtanga yoga classes are in a beautiful location on the top a roof terrace over looking the varkala beach. His classes are fast paced but kam creates a sense of motivation and persistance to the flow of the class which makes you feel like a true yogic warrior. To this day he is one of the best Ashtanga yoga teachers i have met.
Namaste!!

Visited March 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Perfect way to start the day”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

The 8.00am Hatha Yoga and meditation is the perfect way to start your day in Varkala Beach. Kamaraj's class is relaxed,calm and accessible to all levels.
Dr Kamaraj was recommended to me by my qdaughter. I had a frozen shoulder which caused me great pain,doctors in the U.K wanted to treat it with painkillers and steroids but I decided to come and see Kamaraj.
After 10 days of daily yoga,acupuncture,hot oil and Thai yoga massage I was cured.
Heartily recommended

Visited February 2014
Stockholm, Stockholms Län, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fantastic Yoga Teaching”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Although I love so many things about Kerala, the yoga here is what I miss the most. I have practiced yoga for a while, but always learned something new in every single class. Whether it was how to align better in an asana, breathing better, or how to think about yoga, it's benefits, how to challenge yourself, grow - there is always something new to learn in his classes. And it's done with high standards of professionalism and good humor. This is the best treat for your body and soul if you visit Varkala. I can't wait to return.

Visited January 2014