“Amazing location and hosts”

and 1 more site!
Samsara Harmony Beach Resort
Ranked #13 of 52 Hotels in Varkala
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights and absolutely loved it. It was the perfect location for us, about a 15 minute walk to the centre of Varkala past some lovely restaurants. The hosts are brilliant and can't do enough for you. The pool is great, a real luxury in Varkala where the beaches and sea are not ideal for swimming/bathing all year round. They are opening a restaurant soon so once open, this will be a great resort

Room Tip: There are some rooms with kitchens so not really necessary unless you want to cook, the fridge was h...
Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sek99
There are newer reviews for Samsara Harmony Beach Resort

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed here for 6 nights. The room was very musty, it took us a good day to air our room out. We found that most rooms in Varkala smelt musty so It must have been because of Monsoon Season. Pradeep was a lovely manager, extremely helpful and made our breakfast daily. He organised a scooter which we rented for 300 R per 24 hours. This was handy as the restaurants are a good 15 minute walk away, 20 minutes if you dawdle. It cost 150R one way to get to the restaurants so decided the best value would be scooter. We had the whole place to ourselves as it was off peak season. We had a room with a kitchen, although there were no plates, glasses or pots and pans to use should we wanted to cook dinner in our room. The rooms are serviced every second day. You only get one bottle of water for your room per day so any other water you request during your stay will be additional costs.

Room Tip: If you are travelling during monsoon season ask the manager to air your room out throuroughly before...
1  Thank Dinnese
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Very nice small resort away from the hawkers of Varkala.
Well presented huts with a veranda overlooking the pool.
As it was the start of the season and pretty quiet, breakfast was made by the manager and delivered to our veranda every day, an omelette, toast and jam and fruit salad, pleasant.
The beach is a 2 minute walk away but not suitable for swimming, there's a pool for that.
The North cliff is a 16 minute walk away or a 10 minute auto ride to the helipad.
The only issue I have with this place is that it is a bit difficult to get to from the road, ie long, narrow and partly next to cliff. Also if you're trying to get back from the north cliff the autos stop at around 10.30. Having said that I always managed to find someone to take me, a good drop off point is a 5 minute walk from the beach front.

Room Tip: Some have kitchens, some don't. Some are up, some are downstairs. It depends on your needs.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gerard N
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We spent one night (unfortunately - we could have stayed longer) in this beautiful resort at Varkala Beach for a fair price. There are a few comfortable huts with a small veranda in the front where you have an awesome view over the beautiful pool and the sea. These huts offer enough space and have a big and clean bathroom.
In the morning you can enjoy a tasty and healthy breakfast with watermelon juice, omelettes, toast and a fruit salad on your veranda.
The manager is very friendly and carrying and could arrange our further trip in Kerala.
As we were going for a walk to book an accommodation we can say that this is probably the most beautiful resort in this setting at Varkala Beach.
Thank you very much and we hope to see you soon again here at Samsara Harmony Beach Resort,
Jakob and Sarah

1  Thank sarah k
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I never actually stayed at the hotel but I was impressed by their service all the same. What happened was this: being a lovely sunny morning, I took a stroll on the cliffside from my hotel and was enjoying the beautiful view as I snapped away with the camera. But if any of you have seen the Aamir Khan tourism ad you would know what happened on my walk. I was bombarded by various men with hellos and where are you froms. The harrassing really got to me and after passing this resort on my walk, seeing another group of fishermen, I decided I would go back to this resort and ask for assistance. I came across the manager as I walked in and he was kind enough to get me an autorickshaw when I explained why I didn't want to walk back. Technically I can be classified as a local (being from within the state) and we usually get last preference in terms of service. But the nice man got me what I needed and ensured I was left near the shops where I wanted to go. Great service! If I come by I'm certainly staying here. Plus you have a great view from the hotel.

2  Thank tjwarriorprincess
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We spent five wonderful days at Samsara. It is an oasis of calm. Perfect pool, even for small children and the staff is very service minded. Excellent room, very clean and spacious. Good restaurant is a 10 minutes walk along the beach. Recommended!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Samsara was absolutely beautiful. I don't think we have ever stayed anywhere so clean and well kept...the amount of effort the staff put in to making sure the guests were happy was lovely and they all took such great care in what they were doing. The surroundings were amazing and the position of the resort was perfect - peaceful but not too far away from Varkala. we want to go back!!! For the first year of business this was excellent,..the only thing that we missed was the opportunity to eat Kerelan Breakfast and to be able to use wi-fi connection. But that didn't matter and I think that next year these things will be on offer too. Such good value for the luxury we enjoyed!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple