“Maria herbal beauty clinic is awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Varkala Beach

Varkala Beach
Ranked #1 of 22 things to do in Varkala
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Maria herbal beauty clinic is awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

varkala is an amazing place and papanasham beach is a place u must go when u come here. Another place one shouldn't miss when u visit varkala is Maria herbal beauty clinic!it's on the cliff near little Tibet restaurant,I went there for a facial,henna tattoo and wax,first she did my hand wax,she did it very slowly and gently and after wax she cleaned my hand and applied moisturizer. According to my skin type she recommended I should go for diamond facial! I felt very relaxed while she was massaging my face, neck and shoulder. I was very happy as she had covered my clothes and hair,so nothing spilled over my dress! My face was glowing after the facial!I wanted black henna but she suggested that natural henna is made from plant while black henna has chemical so you may be allergic, so I went for natural henna. The best thing about maria is that she works alone,unlike other parlour where inexperienced staff works, maria has no staff. I am so happy with the experience I wouldn definitely come back again.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Bindi-gujarat

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Bengaluru, India
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Good beach to take sun bath. Also very nice to surfing and adventures boating. The beach is very near to our resort.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

we like the very peaceful, nice holy beach with a temple ...also Its not a fisherman's beach :)

We don't like the beach / street dogs over there.

Visited April 2013
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Whoa! I know where to head every summer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

I never knew we had such a beautiful cliff beach in our own country until of course i visited this surprsingly beautiful place.

A friend's wedding took us to Trivandrum in late April. As I joined the gang in the last minute i quite dint know whats the plan and where all we are heading. So had not done any research on this place. That probably was the best thing to happen. We reached Varkala late in the evening and checked in to a place called Woodhouse Resort, a nice cozy place on the cliff. As we walked in we could hear the waves hitting the shores. we ran towards the sound and whoa, there it was.. a cliff beach!

All along the cliff you have beautiful resorts, ayurvedic and yoga centers and lots and lots of small shops. There is a pub to flaunt too. the rates in resorts are arnd 2.5 -3k in non season and we were told it will go up to 5-7k in season time.

You hardly find Indians here. All the restaurants hence mostly have the European menu. But boy, they know their stuff. we went to a restaurant called cliffouti and had an elaborate 2 hour delicious dinner. You do get indian food for dinner/lunch but not for breakfast.

Early morning walk along the cliff is heavenly. There are clearly marked steps to get to the beach. Beach is not very crowded. At least it wasn't in April. A clean beach and clear water. we spent hours in the waves.

There are some kathakali shows which happen every evening. we did not have enough time to catch those.. but never mind i am going there again.

If spending a day with a book in hand and your fav beverage by your side as the wind brushes your hair and sound of the waves soothe your mind, is your idea of a holiday, you know where to go.

Even otherwise just go :-)

Visited April 2013
Alappuzha, India
“Varkala beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Varkala beach cliff is the main area of varkala.Nice beach view excellent atmosphere.so many shack shops restaurant hotels home stays.i like very much

Visited July 2013
Bengaluru, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pristin'est'...if that could be a word!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

One of the finest beaches we have ever seen not just in India but aroundthe world..and add to that is the charm of a small town over a cliff overlooking the beach...aah! Wher is my cup of coffee?

Visited December 2012