“Friendly welcome. Try the masala omelette”
Review of Caffe Italiano

Caffe Italiano
Ranked #19 of 91 Restaurants in Varkala
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We always got a really friendly welcome from the front of house guy (whose son is working in Washington DC) at Italiano, who also always had the day's newspaper on hand. We particularly enjoyed the masala omelette (with coriander, onion and tomato) but we enjoyed all the food here. More relaxing than some of the busier restaurants.
Has a bookshop/swap too.

3  Thank RosemarieNorth

Reviewed January 29, 2012

Another average restaurant on the cliff. Their pizza was actually not as good as the same kind of pizza at other restaurants.

Reviewed January 25, 2012

We have mixed views over this restaurant as we ate twice there:
First time we ordered the 300 rupees tuna fish for my wife and the same price barracuda for me. We got two great big pieces of fish each together with chips and lovely salad. They also ‘threw in’ a free naan bread. Although my fish had to be sent back as it was not cooked in the centre, the food was delicious and the price about right. We left very pleased with Caffe Italliano.
A few days later we returned this time ordering two, 300 rupees tuna steaks. When they came we were shocked at the size as for the two of us we received about the same as one of us had had last time. We complained to the waiter who suggested we had paid for larger portions last time. We could not get him to understand that we had also paid 300 rupees last time. When we left we saw the people on the next table a bit surprised at the small size of the tuna.
Maybe it depends on what staff or management are on each night.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

I really like the atmosphere here, it is very nice.
I was there once and ordered spinach gnocchi and salad. Salad I liked very much, but with gnocchi I wasn't so happy.. But it's not Italy, maybe that is a reason. :)
Despite this, I think I can recommend the place

Reviewed January 3, 2012

Bad food and a couldnt care less attitude dont go please dont go