“Great newbie on varkala scene”
Review of Milestone - CLOSED

Milestone
Cuisines: Indian, Italian, Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

This is a pretty new joint on the varkala scene, having been about for just a year or so. But the guys running it have been in varkala for some time and really know how to make sure you enjoy your time.

The food is generally excellent. For me, this is the best breakfast option on the cliff. The coffee is great and all brekkie options sampled were fantastic. Only shame was that the Kerala breakfast wasn't on offer when we were there.

Sit back, enjoy the sun, watch dolphins, get fed - perfect!!

Great place to then set off on a trek to the more out of the way Odayam beach too!!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We had lunch and breakfast here and could not fault it , the manager sat with is and spoke to us and explained all @ the resturant and his plans and his staff
The toilets are the cleanest we had used in the whole of Kerala and the only place where all the staff are in uniform and you can see into the spotless kitchen
We only had 1 nite in Varkala or we would have dined here more often
Our friend John had the best burger in the world here !!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank Margaret J
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I've only stayed in Kerala for 2 nights and the resort I stayed in happened to be next door to my bungalow. Since it's a rainy season and there isn't much to do around this are - I ended up spending most of the time sitting at this pleasant cafe and trying as much food as I could fit in :-)

The guys who work here are very friendly, all speak very good English and very attentive. All food I tried was freshly cooked and of a very good quality. They also have a good good range of freshly squeezed juices, various cuisine, including Italian, European, some regions of India and my favourite Thai. I can imagine the beautiful view form this restaurant on a clear sunny day, but unfortunately I wasnt lucky, but found the Milestone as a perfect hideaway (not just!) on a rainy day! If you are in this are, I would definitely recommend to pop by and see it yourself.

*This review was written from the Milestone cafe using their free WI-FI and natures's heavy rain.

1  Thank russguyuk
Reviewed July 22, 2012

we enjoyed good sea wind and seeing dolphins from the balcony!

Reviewed April 12, 2012

the food is incredible wonderful, we enjoyed all and everything. the stuff is awesome friendly and helpful. they also offer wifi internet for free. we had palak paneer, tandoori chicken and all kind of bread, which was fantastic. they also offer fresh seafood and fishes, all in the best way. there are lots of kinds of breakfast, all lovely and nice and the fresh fruit juices are also very wonderful. we did enjoy each and every meal there.