“Good yoga class in a cool location”
Review of Yoga Varkala

Yoga Varkala
Ranked #6 of 18 Spas & Wellness in Varkala
More attraction details
Owner description: Daily yoga with Vasudev in Bohemian Masala
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Good yoga class in a cool location”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I thought Vasudev was a good teacher and I enjoyed his classes. It's in a nice location down a path surrounded by plants and a covered platform with sari fabric on the ceiling. The intermediate class at 8am follows a sivananda basis with variations, plus some breathing exercises at the end and some short pieces of meditation. Vasudev will also correct alignment and help you get into a headstand. Good value at 300r for 2 hours - I'd recommend it.

Tel Aviv, Israel
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Unproffesional and exploiting!”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Awful man!!!
I took some yoga lessons with my younger sister (19) at "Dr" Kamaraj's place. At first i thought him to be a nice and good teacher and trusted him when he advised my sister to have a back massage since she "carries tension in one side of her body". He later took advantage of that trust while giving a supposedly "professional" back massage, asked her to give him a massage too and tried to make some moves.
Do not fall for his fake kindness!

Visited January 2014
10 Thank adigsh
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely course!”
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Didnt know anything about yoga when we First started but vasudev just took it slow and when we finished the course i did asanas! Amazing. 2500 for 1 week beginners course, starts every thursday! Just do it you Will never regret it!

1 Thank Maxcstrom
Vianen, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent teacher!”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

My boyfriend and I did the beginners course and both have the feeling we have learned so much in just one week. Vasudev is a great teacher!

1 Thank Shae A
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not just yoga more a way of life”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I have just returned from my first visit to see Vasu in his home country as I have been to two retreats with him in the UK. Vasu's yoga class is the complete experience, not just the asanas but breathing and relaxation with meditation also play a big part in his intermediate drop-in lessons. So different from so many yoga classes I have attended in the past Vasu's class is a spiritual experience from the sarong roofed shala surrounded by palms and bamboo to the little wild puppies who also try to take part from the wings and the crows giving their own commentary on our performance in the mornings. You can't help feeling very privileged to be part of this experience and over the course of one week you find your body reacting with joy and your mind clearing itself of unnecessary concerns now left behind. I can't recommend him too highly. Sue Nelson

1 Thank suenelson