“Food to die for!”

Tibetan Kitchen
Ranked #5 of 87 Restaurants in Varkala
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We inform our regular customers we have only changed the name of the restaurant but management, staff, location, food and hospitality are the same. We hope to see you soon...
London, United Kingdom
“Food to die for!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

By far the best meal we had in Varkala by a mile. Yes the service is slow but heh, this is India so if you are starving hungry & really can't wait for food in front of you then dine somewhere else. This place is packed to the rafters & rightly so as the food is out of this world. Yes it may take a while but enjoy the scenery & ambiance whilst you wait......this is southern India so everything is at a slow pace.

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Good food but dont go when you're starving”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Nice restaurant with large variety of food to choose. We chose different food in different occasion and they all taste good. The service can be a challenge though. you basically need to shout or make a scene to get the waiter's attention. The length of waiting time is also a set back. So, overall, it is a good restaurant but dont go there when you're starving.

• Visited January 2014
“One of the best places in Varkala”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Really delicious food, especially the momos, which you can get in lots of places but these are definitely the best. We ate here 3 times and the beer is cold (unlike lots of places!), although when we had breakfast one dish was forgotten and we had to remind the waiter to bring it.

Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great food but woeful service”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Ate here just after New Year in a group of five and I opted for fresh prawns from the outside display. To their credit we were warned that they were busy and food would take a while but the length of time we waited really beggared belief. It took one and a half hours for the food to arrive and by that point you don't even want to speak anymore and everyone was just looking around onlysto find neighbouring diners doing the same. The best the waiter could offer was "I told you so" or along those lines!

The food itself however was really good and our table had ordered a wide variety of cuisines too but at 9.30pm our appetites had almost gone with the waiting. The next farce was waiting for the bill which took forever, the restaurant wasn't even full by now and after waiting for ever we just walked up to the guy at the desk pretending to be busy and each paid individually so we could just get out of there.

Such a shame that good food was let down by atrocious service, I mean come on its hardly news that you are going to be busy at New Years time is it- get more staff!!

“Ok food, service mixed”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Overall this place is good - nice view and consistent quality food. But... I know it's a busy time of year but whenever I went there, they shunted me in some corner table because I'm on my own. I already felt a bit lonely dining on NYE alone but it made me feel a bit sad when I couldn't even choose a table on the terrace because I was on my lonesome. The food is ok if you want western style stuff but their Indian dishes were way too bland for me.

Visited January 2014