“The best place on Varkala cliff with a view”
Review of Clafouti

Clafouti
Ranked #2 of 90 Restaurants in Varkala
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Me and my friends were walking up and down on the cliff side road looking for a place to settle down for lunch and spend the noon enjoying the beautiful sight from the cliff. After checking a few other places, we liked the view of the restaurant and its spaciousness.

And we were pleasantly surprised at the quality of food we got there too. Their Butter garlic squid and prawn tandoor were too good. Their prices were reasonable too. Surprised to see the plain basic Roti priced at rs.10/-

The view from here is just too good. The staffs are friendly. We went on a non season and varkala wasnt crowded. The cliff side restaurants were all deserted and Clafouti was the only place that had customers. Should be a popular joint among travelers.

I will go again here on my next t rip too.

There are newer reviews for Clafouti

Reviewed July 11, 2014

best about this place is its open all day long so even if u want to grab a late lunch u can go here, u can view the beach cliff while dining

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Located on top of the cliff, has good food and service, at least in low season. You can also enjoy free Wi-Fi

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I really love eating here. The food is delicious. I'm not so keen on the huge hall like atmosphere. But for really good for you can't go wrong

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

We ate a late dinner here one night and after all the curries and Thalis I went for a steak which was surprisingly nice. I wouldn't have qualified it as a steak more of a steack hache but it was very tasty and cooked well.

The ambience is quite nice and the service was fine. We'd eat here again.