Payments made by partners impact the order of prices displayed and, for featured or sponsored sort orders, partners’ payments may also influence the order of the accommodations listed.
All reviews yoga and meditation yoga hall sun salutations black beach the cliff other guests daily life great knowledge shanti shanti an oasis of calm fresh fruit booked nights perfect combination lovely garden his team chai perfect place to relax
Selected filters
Reviewed April 4, 2017

I was very pleased to find a yoga retreat where the meditation and pranayama was taken seriously and it was great to be able to practice all three together properly for the first time. Also only people staying there are allowed to take part in the classes, there are no drop ins which really helps create a special energy about the place. Thankyou Hari and your team for a great expereince.

Date of stay: March 2017
Reviewed March 24, 2017 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend stayed at the yogahaus for 5 nights and it couldn't have been more relaxing. The rooms were charming, the food was delicious, the staff were wonderful and the yoga was just what we needed. We will definitely return next time we're in Kerala!

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2017

I spent 5 days with Hari and his team at Sharangati Yogahaus at the end of my India travels. Hari was very welcoming and I settled in quickly to the routine. The atmosphere is serene and tranquil, a perfect place to relax. There was the right amount of yoga and meditation and enough freedom to explore Varkala and not so much pressure if you happen to miss a class. It was great for all levels and you were able to advance if you wanted too. I came away feeling very relaxed and will definitely be returning :)

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 10, 2017

My partner and I stayed for 9 days at Sharanagati Yogahaus in Feb 2017. We were there during the same time as the review by Feelzaccomplished below. We would agree with everything that "Feelzaccomplised" says. The atmosphere here was communal and very special. The ban on mobiles and ipads really helped to create a relaxing atmosphere in which people talked to each other again. The yoga sessions morning and evening were excellent. I am a novice to yoga but my partner has been practicing for many years and we both really enjoyed it. I could not recommend this Yoga retreat more highly. As "feelzaccomplised" has given a very full description of the daily routine, i will not repeat it all.
Overall a great yoga retreat, highly recommended.

Room tip: Rooms in the new house are slightly more pleasant, but not much in it.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2017

I stayed for four days at Sharanagati Yogahaus at the beginning of my visit to Kerala, and I couldn't have asked for a better way to start my trip.

The grounds are tranquil and beautiful, with many areas to sit and relax throughout the day. It's a 5 minute walk from the cliff where you will find the beach and lots of great little shops and restaurants.

I was made to feel welcome as soon as I arrived and introduced to other guests and encouraged to join in the days activities. Hari was attentive and helpful and made sure that I had all that I needed, even checking me in earlier than planned.

In just four days I felt like I made a lot of progress in my yoga practice; the teaching was excellent and felt personal to each student. I have taken home with me a lot of the practices, as well as the meditation and pranayama which have been really beneficial for me.

The food was always, without fail, fantastic!

Really looking forward to going back one day soon.

• Trip type: Traveled solo