All reviews yoga and meditation daily routine fantastic yoga tea house teaching style black beach everyday life the cliff morning session other guests perfect retreat wonderful week month trip fresh fruit his team keralan food spent a week
Reviewed April 11, 2017

This was a good choice for my first stop on a six week yoga tour in India, the life style on offer enabled me to tune in and chill out. Staying with Hari and his team for ten days was easy, and he went the extra mile to make things possible for me. All of his team were gentle and kind. Gayathri his co-teacher is a supportive and open yoga teacher.
Hari follows a yogic lifestyle, and he genuinely wants his guests to experience the same.

This means meditation and pranayama every morning at 7.00, followed by two hours of intensive asana practice, in silence. There is also a further hour and a half of asana at 4.00 pm. Hari is very generous with his extensive yogic knowledge which he passes on confidently throughout each daily practice. The package also includes fresh, organic home cooked food, comfortable and clean rooms . No technology is allowed onsite. It is expensive compared to some other yoga retreats in the area, but this is the real thing. I slept soundly here and found the entire experience very healing.

I had such an amazing time that I stayed longer than initially planned and I will go back. Thanks Hari for everything

Room tip: All rooms are situated close to the yoga shala and communal eating area within a lush and beautiful garden
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank AhhaHmm
Reviewed April 4, 2017

I was very pleased to find a yoga retreat where the meditation and pranayama was taken seriously and it was great to be able to practice all three together properly for the first time. Also only people staying there are allowed to take part in the classes, there are no drop ins which really helps create a special energy about the place. Thankyou Hari and your team for a great expereince.

Date of stay: March 2017
Reviewed March 24, 2017 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend stayed at the yogahaus for 5 nights and it couldn't have been more relaxing. The rooms were charming, the food was delicious, the staff were wonderful and the yoga was just what we needed. We will definitely return next time we're in Kerala!

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2017

I spent 5 days with Hari and his team at Sharangati Yogahaus at the end of my India travels. Hari was very welcoming and I settled in quickly to the routine. The atmosphere is serene and tranquil, a perfect place to relax. There was the right amount of yoga and meditation and enough freedom to explore Varkala and not so much pressure if you happen to miss a class. It was great for all levels and you were able to advance if you wanted too. I came away feeling very relaxed and will definitely be returning :)

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 10, 2017

My partner and I stayed for 9 days at Sharanagati Yogahaus in Feb 2017. We were there during the same time as the review by Feelzaccomplished below. We would agree with everything that "Feelzaccomplised" says. The atmosphere here was communal and very special. The ban on mobiles and ipads really helped to create a relaxing atmosphere in which people talked to each other again. The yoga sessions morning and evening were excellent. I am a novice to yoga but my partner has been practicing for many years and we both really enjoyed it. I could not recommend this Yoga retreat more highly. As "feelzaccomplised" has given a very full description of the daily routine, i will not repeat it all.
Overall a great yoga retreat, highly recommended.

Room tip: Rooms in the new house are slightly more pleasant, but not much in it.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple