Sharanagati Yogahaus
Blue Water Beach Resort(Varkala)(Great Value!)
$29
  • Breakfast included
$70
$56
$37
Blooming Bay - Clifftop Beach Resort(Varkala)(Great Value!)
$43
$37
Thiruvambadi Beach Retreat(Varkala)(Great Value!)
$19
$11
Akhil Beach Resort(Varkala)(Great Value!)
$24
Deshadan Cliff & Beach Resort(Varkala)(Great Value!)
$38
Clafouti Beach Resort(Varkala)(Great Value!)
$24
  • Beachfront
Black Beach Resort(Varkala)(Great Value!)
$21
$17
Priceline
Hotels.com
All reviewsyoga and meditationdaily routinefantastic yogatea houseperfect senseteaching stylechange your lifedelicious vegetarian foodcomfortable hammocksspent a wonderful weekafternoon sessionblack beacheveryday lifeyoga hallthe cliffwonderful retreatother guests
Reviewed March 17, 2017

I spent 5 days with Hari and his team at Sharangati Yogahaus at the end of my India travels. Hari was very welcoming and I settled in quickly to the routine. The atmosphere is serene and tranquil, a perfect place to relax. There was the right amount of yoga and meditation and enough freedom to explore Varkala and not so much pressure if you happen to miss a class. It was great for all levels and you were able to advance if you wanted too. I came away feeling very relaxed and will definitely be returning :)

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed March 10, 2017

My partner and I stayed for 9 days at Sharanagati Yogahaus in Feb 2017. We were there during the same time as the review by Feelzaccomplished below. We would agree with everything that "Feelzaccomplised" says. The atmosphere here was communal and very special. The ban on mobiles and ipads really helped to create a relaxing atmosphere in which people talked to each other again. The yoga sessions morning and evening were excellent. I am a novice to yoga but my partner has been practicing for many years and we both really enjoyed it. I could not recommend this Yoga retreat more highly. As "feelzaccomplised" has given a very full description of the daily routine, i will not repeat it all.
Overall a great yoga retreat, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms in the new house are slightly more pleasant, but not much in it.
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2017

I stayed for four days at Sharanagati Yogahaus at the beginning of my visit to Kerala, and I couldn't have asked for a better way to start my trip.

The grounds are tranquil and beautiful, with many areas to sit and relax throughout the day. It's a 5 minute walk from the cliff where you will find the beach and lots of great little shops and restaurants.

I was made to feel welcome as soon as I arrived and introduced to other guests and encouraged to join in the days activities. Hari was attentive and helpful and made sure that I had all that I needed, even checking me in earlier than planned.

In just four days I felt like I made a lot of progress in my yoga practice; the teaching was excellent and felt personal to each student. I have taken home with me a lot of the practices, as well as the meditation and pranayama which have been really beneficial for me.

The food was always, without fail, fantastic!

Really looking forward to going back one day soon.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed March 3, 2017

I stayed at Sharanagati for the entire month of February and it was a great experience.

I wanted to spend a month somewhere to unwind and rejuvenate before another summer season of work back home. And this is exactly what I did at Sharanagati. For the most part I was left to vacation as I pleased. Hari informed me of some rules which reinforce his philosophy and enrich the ethos and environment of the grounds of Sharanagati. So you can really get away from it all there is no wifi and in order to create a real sense that you are on vacation there are to be no phones, tablets or any other electronic devices in the tea hut, yoga shala or around the garden. This really gave a sense of disengaging with the outside world while reconnecting with yourself. As well as that it really encouraged the group to connect and communicate during breakfast and lunch, where the conversation lasted in the the hut for usually up to 1hr afterwards. In any case, most restaurants on the cliff have wifi. Last rule, back at Sharanagati by 10:30.

Interestingly enough I never heard anyone complain bout this rule as most were generally in bed by this time. With pranayama and meditation beginning at 7 and 2hrs of yoga from 8-10 and another class from 4-5:30 everyone was generally happy to be going to sleep around this time.

With respect to the yoga it is based on the Sivananda sequence and stays the same generally, with minor variations. I thought that it might get too repetitive but I actually found it almost meditative in the sense that it was familiar. This meant that I could really understand why I came on vacation in the first place and that with each asana I was doing my mind and body a favor every morning and evening. I certainly wasn't complaining with my new found flexibility. The teaching was really really well instructed, also. Hari took morning classes generally and Gayatri, a wonderful Kerala lady, took the evenings as well as the half hour question and answer session at 1:30pm.

The food was sensational. Nobody ever misses lunch!!!

Again I'll reiterate that I had a wonderful time at Sharanagati and I feel blessed to have been able to experience it

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled solo
5  Thank Feelzaccomplished
Reviewed February 21, 2017

Sharanagati Yoga Haus
A beautiful and quiet spot - perfect for yoga and contemplation. Hari and his staff create the framework for you to take a break from all the daily life of fuss - and they do it well ...

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family