All reviews yoga and meditation yoga house daily routine tea house fantastic yoga teaching style the cliff everyday life wonderful week morning session black beach other guests perfect retreat month trip interesting people spent days here fresh fruit
Reviewed January 20, 2017 via mobile

Sharangati yogahaus is a oasis of calm in the chaos of India. Hari and his 100% indian team provided to us everything we need to recharge pur batteries.
The food is vegetarian and extremely good cooked by two lovely Indian women, the rooms are simple but really clean and silent.
Hari settle the place in a wonderful way with a open yoga room in the middle of the luxurious vegetation.
We did 10 days of pranaiama amd hata yoga well divided during the hours of the day, always guided by Hari who has a special gift for learning and helping people to slow down from our too fast lives.
Everything at 150 meters from the ocean.
Me and my girlfriend loved Sharangati and we will absolutely come back. Recommended!!!!!

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2017 via mobile

Hari and his team offer a true yogic experience that enabled us all to practice, reflect, purify, relax, connect with like minded people and learn about ourselves. One week left us wanting more and looking forward to coming back next year.

Reviewed January 6, 2017 via mobile

My stay at Sharanagati YogaHaus, was awesome, stayed for a total of 8 days which felt like 2 weeks. I personally benefited from the early morning breathing, meditation & yoga and the yoga again in the afternoon, a total o 4.5hrs per day, however this optional.
Hari and his team are excellent hosts, delicious food, fresh local fruits for breakfast, home coked Kerala lunch.. delicious!!
Rooms and bathroom are clean, wonderful flow of fresh air.
A massage from Arje ( local massage therapist) highly recommended by Hari is always a treat after your first two days of yoga.
Breakfast & Lunch conversations always interesting with the different nationalities of other guests staying.
With the Blacks Beach only minutes away, refreshing to take a dip in the ocean after a session of yoga in the morning or the afternoon.
Sunsets over the ocean are particularly special.
Would highly recommend Sharanagati YogaHaus, and hope to return in another 12 months.
Hari's wisdom will certainly live on in my mind..
"An ounce of practise is worth a ton on there"

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 6, 2017 via mobile

I am writing this review a year after my yoga vacation at shanranagati. Until this day, I still practice Harri's routine daily (almost), he sends us a recorded file of his routine and I was able to practice it for a year, it really helps and makes a difference to my interest in yoga. Before, I engaged in casual yoga practices, classes here and there, retreats with different teachers and different routines. I don't have good memories so I gone home and forgot about how poses flow and lost interest and gone back to jogging and little stretches I remembered from those classes. But a year after my week at shanranagati , I have a set routine and gained strength and flexibility and I was able to enjoy more from other instructors. Maybe this is not for everyone and for people who already know many poses to improvise base on their body condition, but this works for me as a semi-beginner. And varkala is a Lovely fishing village , not too touristic comparing to the places I've been to. I miss that place and really wishing to take another long vacation at Sharangati. I also think Hari is a lovely person, he has this innocent kid quality I thought that was really adorable!

Reviewed January 5, 2017

My experience at Sharanagati was fantastic! There you are able to learn and practice Yoga with amazing instructors (the best I've ever had in fact!), have a peaceful and relaxing time while enjoying the amazing nature around this yogahause.
The accommodation was nice and clean, the food was truly great, and the attractions nearby, such as the cliff and beaches, are breathtaking... I couldn't get over how beautiful the sunsets were every single day. I booked to stay 7 nights, but ended up staying for 8 and wanted to stay longer! Needless to say I highly recommend Sharanagati. Thank you Hari!

Date of stay: December 2016