All reviews yoga and meditation daily routine fantastic yoga tea house teaching style black beach everyday life the cliff morning session other guests perfect retreat wonderful week month trip fresh fruit his team keralan food spent a week
Reviewed January 14, 2017 via mobile

Hari and his team offer a true yogic experience that enabled us all to practice, reflect, purify, relax, connect with like minded people and learn about ourselves. One week left us wanting more and looking forward to coming back next year.

Reviewed January 6, 2017 via mobile

My stay at Sharanagati YogaHaus, was awesome, stayed for a total of 8 days which felt like 2 weeks. I personally benefited from the early morning breathing, meditation & yoga and the yoga again in the afternoon, a total o 4.5hrs per day, however this optional.
Hari and his team are excellent hosts, delicious food, fresh local fruits for breakfast, home coked Kerala lunch.. delicious!!
Rooms and bathroom are clean, wonderful flow of fresh air.
A massage from Arje ( local massage therapist) highly recommended by Hari is always a treat after your first two days of yoga.
Breakfast & Lunch conversations always interesting with the different nationalities of other guests staying.
With the Blacks Beach only minutes away, refreshing to take a dip in the ocean after a session of yoga in the morning or the afternoon.
Sunsets over the ocean are particularly special.
Would highly recommend Sharanagati YogaHaus, and hope to return in another 12 months.
Hari's wisdom will certainly live on in my mind..
"An ounce of practise is worth a ton on there"

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 6, 2017 via mobile

I am writing this review a year after my yoga vacation at shanranagati. Until this day, I still practice Harri's routine daily (almost), he sends us a recorded file of his routine and I was able to practice it for a year, it really helps and makes a difference to my interest in yoga. Before, I engaged in casual yoga practices, classes here and there, retreats with different teachers and different routines. I don't have good memories so I gone home and forgot about how poses flow and lost interest and gone back to jogging and little stretches I remembered from those classes. But a year after my week at shanranagati , I have a set routine and gained strength and flexibility and I was able to enjoy more from other instructors. Maybe this is not for everyone and for people who already know many poses to improvise base on their body condition, but this works for me as a semi-beginner. And varkala is a Lovely fishing village , not too touristic comparing to the places I've been to. I miss that place and really wishing to take another long vacation at Sharangati. I also think Hari is a lovely person, he has this innocent kid quality I thought that was really adorable!

Reviewed January 5, 2017

My experience at Sharanagati was fantastic! There you are able to learn and practice Yoga with amazing instructors (the best I've ever had in fact!), have a peaceful and relaxing time while enjoying the amazing nature around this yogahause.
The accommodation was nice and clean, the food was truly great, and the attractions nearby, such as the cliff and beaches, are breathtaking... I couldn't get over how beautiful the sunsets were every single day. I booked to stay 7 nights, but ended up staying for 8 and wanted to stay longer! Needless to say I highly recommend Sharanagati. Thank you Hari!

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 4, 2017

I fall short of words when it comes to complimenting Sharanagati Yogahaus, Hari and his team. I spent a week at Sharanagati in December 2016 as a first time solo traveler and couldn't have had a better experience.

First things first, Hari is the perfect host right from the very beginning where he is quick and forthcoming in responding to any queries prior to booking, to being a patient teacher and a wonderful, warm and kind person with a kickass sense of humor. He is extremely perceptive and has some amazing stories and advice to share. His love for what he does is apparent in how beautifully he has done up the entire property. You can feel his personal touch in everything from the sprawling garden to the yogahaus. Also, the team that he has assembled is extremely humble and always ready to help with whatever one may need.

Coming to the accommodation, I had a room to myself which was very clean and airy, perfectly sized and had an attached bath. There was a wonderful cleaning lady who came everyday. I loved how every morning we would wake up to the smell of incense everywhere. I was told that the breakfast and lunch was a part of the package, however, on occasions when I didn't want to step out for dinner, it was just a matter of informing Hari and he ensured that food was available. Sharanagati only caters authentic vegetarian food which is extremely good. However, in case of any cravings of non-vegetarian food, the cliff has various of cafes and restaurants to choose from. Oh and Sharanagati is hardly a 5 min walk away from the cliff and the beach which are wonderfully secluded and are not as crowded as some of the other beaches in India which are way too commercialized

I was a beginner at Yoga and Hari was extremely patient with me. He in fact arranged for his colleague, Gayatri, to give me separate coaching lessons to ensure that I got the basics right. The classes in the morning and evening provided just the right amount of exercise without tiring one for the rest of the day. And, they weren’t mandatory! The form of yoga taught by Hari is based on the Sivananda philosophy and focuses more on breathing and holding various asanas which is way better and beneficial than the other more strenuous forms of exercises. I for one definitely felt a lot more calm and relaxed, both mentally and physically, by the end of my trip.

I definitely had to most amazing time at Sharanagati and the fact that I plan on making this a yearly trip says it all!

Date of stay: December 2016