Sharanagati Yogahaus
Blue Water Beach Resort(Varkala)(Great Value!)
$29
  • Breakfast included
Deshadan Cliff & Beach Resort(Varkala)(Great Value!)
$39
$37
Black Beach Resort(Varkala)(Great Value!)
$21
Thiruvambadi Beach Retreat(Varkala)(Great Value!)
$20
$12
Eden Garden(Varkala)
$15
Akhil Beach Resort(Varkala)(Great Value!)
$24
Clafouti Beach Resort(Varkala)(Great Value!)
$24
  • Beachfront
$70
$62
$96
$91
All reviewsyoga and meditationdaily routinefantastic yogatea houseperfect senseteaching stylechange your lifedelicious vegetarian foodcomfortable hammocksspent a wonderful weekafternoon sessionblack beacheveryday lifeyoga hallthe cliffwonderful retreatother guests
Reviewed December 27, 2016 via mobile

I stayed in Sharanagati Yogahaus for 7 days in December. I came to India alone, as a woman, but staying in this place was the best decision I could make. Hari, the owner of the Yogahaus and his team are stepping out of their way to create a nice, warming and welcoming atmosphere for everyone. He always has an open ear if you're struggling with something, not just regarding Yoga.
The property auf the yogahaus is a nice and spacious garden, with a very peaceful atmosphere. The rooms are nicely created, of a decent size and spotless clean.
The place is located 5 mins from black beach and the cliff with the main beach of Varkala. On the cliff you get a lot of nice little shops and restaurants with a stunning view.

The schedule of the Yogahaus is quite strict, with 30 mins Pranayama and 30 mins Meditation in the morning, which really helps to easy into the day, followed by 2 hours of Asanas of Sivananda Yoga. For those who don't know what Sivananda is, it's a yoga form where you hold the postures longer than in Hatha ans Vinyasa, which allows you to really stretch everything.
That is followed by a delicious breakfast with porridge and fruits and they offer a lot of different fruits so you'll find something for every taste.
After breakfast (and also after lunch) you can have tea with the group, which is a nice way to interact with everyone. We usually sat an hour together after breakfast having interessting discussions about everything.
At 1.30 there is lunch, which is homecooked, fresh and delicious everyday (during my 7 days there we didn't have the same lunch twice). At 4pm there is the second yoga class of the day, going for 1,5 hours.
It's great to get the opportunity to excercise a lot, but if you don't feel like it that day, it's no biggie to miss out on a class.

Overall I had the most amazing time in Sharanagati Yogahaus and I will definetely come back - it made my stay in India wonderfull, relaxing, safe and peacefull!

Stayed: December 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed December 23, 2016

I can't say enough about how nice it was to be able to spend a week at Sharanagati. It was a very calming and rejuvenating experience. The rooms were very comfortable and the food was some of the best I had in India. I tried to fully express how much I appreciated and benefited from the experience in an email to Hari on my last day:

"Taking the train away from Varkala, I feel 10 times lighter than when I arrived. Maybe I wasn't fully aware of the build up of things, thoughts and worries that I was carrying around before I arrived. I was conscious of the tension and anxiety, but couldn't really let go of it. Which makes it really difficult to feel present and feel everything that I was experiencing. And incredibly frustrating constantly feel negative towards myself.

The week with you and the lovely group of people helped more than I could have ever expected. I feel much more calm about whatever I have ahead of me now. A positive outlook and excitement has taken up much of the space that was filled with stress. I feel like I'm only starting to see how long the process is to being completely understanding and accepting of my real self. But I am so grateful that I have started to open myself up and to really know that I'm in control and capable of doing it.

So just to say another thank you for helping me so much, giving me a really good place to start from and a bit of knowledge to practice on my own.

I will really miss you all. Take care and hope to see you again in the future!"

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank Nicola C
Reviewed December 16, 2016

being at sharanagati yogahaus is as if the time would stand still. it is the most relaxing thing i ever did for myself. hari's little wisdoms during the yoga class are to the point and very useful in daily life after. he says things in the most simple way, super yoga classes. if you like they organize little trips for you, just ask. the people we meet staying there where all very kind and beautiful. being there is like being in a family. we highly recommend to go there to spend a worth while yoga vacation. thank you very much hari and team , we will be back next season

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 11, 2016 via mobile

This is the right place if you are looking for a great Yoga experience in a peaceful surrounding with lovely people and good vibes. Hari and his team made us feel at home with delicious and healthy food, inspiring talks, meditation, breathing exercises and of course Yoga. We enjoyed it to the fullest.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2016 via mobile

Thank you so much to Hari for having me and my friends at his yogahaus! It was a brilliant experience. Hari is lovely, as is everyone who works there. As yoga beginners, he didn't make us feel pressure if we weren't sure and we got to know the asanas well. The food is amazing too, as are the bedrooms! Nice walk to Varkala beach and all the cliff side restaurants and cafes.

When we were there Hari mentioned he's having an issue with his website if anyone is planning on booking - use the EMAIL address! You'll find it on his website.

Thank you so much Hari for a great experience xx

Stayed: December 2016