“Extremely poor service”

Cafe del Mar
Ranked #10 of 87 Restaurants in Varkala
Cuisines: Indian, Cafe, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Extremely poor service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

We have eaten here this evening but the service has been appalling,the main course arrived a few seconds after the starter. The bill was produced before we had completed our meal. A shame because we have eaten here before and been quite satisfied. Think it depends on the person who serves you.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank ene4620

“Loved it..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

You can't leave the restaurant without trying their Pizza Margherita, All-Arrabiata pasta and their Milkshakes!!

• Visited February 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Bad service and food poisoning”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

I visited this cafe as I was told it was a good place to meet people. After having the menu flung across the table at me I ordered some food. The man didn't once say anything to me, his contemptuous look was enough. Food came slightly warm. Wasn't the best tasting food but the smoothie was good. I ate, I paid, again more attitude and my change given back to me with a sideways hand and his face away from me. I ended up with food poisoning for 6 days and a trip to the hospital. Never again.

2 Thank cheeksmcd
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent service, consistently great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

myself and two friends (three girls) visited on our second night in varkala. the manager, bobbi george, has a certain, welcoming charm and the food was awesome. the veggie samosas were incredible. we returned there every night during our week long stay. it was always busy, unlike a lot of the other places along the beach cliff.

Bengaluru, India
“Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

Restaurant is on the cliff, good choice of international and local cuisine and cocktails. Take off the rest of the clothing, just enough for comfort.. enjoy the sea breeze on the cliff, while you take your gastronomical tour. Great international crowd, good place to meet people.

Visited February 2014