UK tourist - I could detail the short comings of this hotel (briefly; no beach, under construction, noisy, unattractive, poor air conditioning) but all of these flaws were manageable. However, on our penultimate night in the hotel my sister and I awake to hear the bolted and locked door of our room being unlocked with a key, and it was then banged and barged into as someone tried to get in. Thank God the door had large bolts on otherwise Lord knows what would have happened. Given the recent attacks in India I don't think one needs to much imagination. My sister and I were terrified and didn't sleep for days, and I still think about it when in hotels. The manager the next day told us that the noise could only have been the local stray dogs, but I've yet to meet a dog who unlocks doors. Someone from the hotel gained access to the key. whether the manager or another member of staff, I don't know. Two days after, as we checked out, the manager did say sorry for what happened and he did seem subdued. He paid for the taxi to the aiport as an apology. He was often drunk and stoned so perhaps he wasn't guarding the office as he ought to have been, or perhaps it was him - who knows. Bottom line is, this hotel is unsafe and I really recommend staying elsewhere. There are many fabulous places to stay that are clean and safe for women - this place is not one of them. No doubt I will be subject to abuse from the owner like other reviewers have been. We looked around and found far nicer places for a better price, with pools and access to the fantastic beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palm Tree resort the tranquil stay on Odayam Beach ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Cancelon so you can book your Palm Tree Heritage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Tree Heritage Hotel Varkala
- Palm Tree Heritage Varkala, Kerala