“Exceptional and very accomodating.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kaiya House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Varkala
Kaiya House
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Varkala
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Exceptional and very accomodating.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

We called at Kaiya House in August and found Debra in the middle of major renovations but she showed us round her beautiful house nothing was too much trouble she is a wonderful host and we wish her well in the future.
Tom and Lin. U.K.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank T0mandLin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Vancouver Island, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

I have never bothered to post anything like this before but I felt like it was such a great experience that I had to pass it on.
After the frenetic welcome to the sauna that is Kerala, I was welcomed with iced Cammomille tea and a calm, friendly woman who turned out to be the host! Debra could not do more for me and it was so welcoming. I was very nervous about travelling there on my own and so the extra secure feeling of the rooms and the gorgeous home was a real relief. I slept so well in the fresh linen and the peace and quiet after Trivandrum was so welcome.
My mornings were also perfect with whatever breakfast i wanted-served whenever i wanted-not this before 9:30 business that you can get in B&B land. Debra took me on more than one guided tour with several recommendations and after awhile I started to feel like I knew people and it felt really nice.Travelling alone can really make one feel sad at times so this was the perfect antidote-I could join in or not as my mood decided.
The wonderful family atmosphere was equally welcome and they really were there to make your stay as pleasant as possible.
I left feeling like I had made some real friendships and I know how lucky I was to have found Kaiya House.Others I'd spoken to and met on the beach were not so happy with accomodation they had sorted.I did visit a few and they were really sub-standard compared to what I had. So,I thought I would pass on a little gem to fellow travellers and I hope you end up having as lovely of a time as I did!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank choosey_11
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2011

Very freindly, immaculately clean, and probably the best place I stayed in India. Stayed here for about 2 weeks in total mid may. Liked it so much I went away stayed elswhere for a couple of nights and then came back again. Deborah and Babachee made me very welcome. Deborah takes the time out to ensure guests are familar with the area and that eveyone feels welcome, nothing was too much trouble. Breakfasts were exceptional fresh fruit from the garden with porridge was my fab. I would definately return here.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank Jinxy99
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2011

If you want a guaranteed relaxing, warm, fun, and a hotel owner/staff attentive to all your needs, stay here. I found Debra (the owner) to be warm, friendly, full of knowledge, and eager to make my stay there a wonderful experience, which it was. The hotel itself was impeccably clean, comfortable and charming. I was so impressed with my experience at Kaiya that I even signed up on tripadvisor to write this review (and I have traveled extensively throughout the world).

Thanks again Debra!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank gillk45
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2011

We stayed at Kaiya House for 3 nights. Debra was very welcoming and took us on a walk of the town when we arrived and was able to answer any questions that we had. We also did a morning walk with Debra along the beach which was stunning! Breakfast each morning was delish and when we returned from outings we were offered iced tea and water. Debra also provided towels, mats and water bottles for the beach.

The location is excellent so that you can enjoy both Temple Junction area and North Cliff.

The rooms are nice and comfy and we couldn't have asked for more. Also has excellent internet connection.

Highly recommend staying here!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kelly_leigh63
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2011

We came across Kaiya House after looking on TripAdvisor and being impressed by the other reviews. It absolutely didn't disappoint! We were greeted with an ice cold tea and shown to the English Room - four poster bed, walls decorated with royalty. The house is full of beautiful items collected from around the world and is spotlessly clean. Breakfast was delicious, good options and it was nice to have something less spicy for a change. Debra was a wonderful host, she gave us a tour of the North Cliff upon our arrival, and her husband Suraj was always happy to help. It is perfectly walkable from North Cliff and I would recommended it to everyone staying in Varkala! Thank you Debra and Suraj, from Erin and James (London, UK)

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank eshort22
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2011

Kaiya house is easily the best place we stayed during a 3 month tour of India and we could not recommend it more. We went for one week and ended up staying two.

Ideally located in a relatively peaceful spot a few minutes walk from the busy North Cliff, Kaiya House mixes boutique hotel chic with the warm welcome and feel of an upmarket guest house. The rooms are very nicely done with comfortable beds and luxury linen and it goes without saying that everything is spotlessly clean. There's also a decent TV room, WiFi in the communal areas and you'll be offered more free TV and Coffee than you can possibly drink.

Debra the owner/host really can't do enough for you and in addition to the invaluable 'walkabout' tour of the town she offers when you arrive, her links with the local community mean that if you're interested in the cultural stuff that the area has to offer, you'll have the inside track on your fellow tourists.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple