“lovely place! 100% recommandation”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Arabian Soul

Arabian Soul
Ranked #3 of 97 Varkala B&B and Inns
Montfoort, The Netherlands
“lovely place! 100% recommandation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Charming, eco-friendly small scale guesthouse. I loved the atmosphere, the traditional Indian house and the very hospital owners. The rooms and the attention to details are amazing. Beautiful kept garden, it's al lovely oasis in India. I would love to go back there and be sure I do recommand this lovely place !

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Korean first
Faversham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

We booked after reading all the great trip advisor reviews. We were given a very warm welcome by Nahveen.
Unfortunately the room did not match the photos we had seen. We had a garden view room for 1400rupees though tax is extra.
For the price we expected more. The room needs updating, paint missing on the walls, some staining on the sheet (though it smelt clean), holes in the mosquito net and the fan was not effective, bed was hard.
Had we not prebooked we would have checked straight out.
The next day we moved to Mothers palace just down the road. We paid 1500 for a spotless air con room with private balcony overlooking the sea and hot water. Nahveen was very nice about us moving.
I think for the prices Arabian soul charge the rooms should be much better. If I were to rate on the owners I would have given an excellent.

• Stayed December 2012
Berlin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

I love to stay at Arabian Soul as it is an traditional Indian house with a beautiful atmosphere, nice garden and terrace to chill out and very close to the cliff/beach and everything you need. Brygida and Naveen offer a wonderful service and take care of you which is especially nice when you're travelling on your own. The rooms are nicely decorated and clean and I love the breakfast in the nice garden. The have created a wonderful place in Varkala, one of my favourite places in India.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I arrived to Varkala not knowing for how long I was going to stay but I never imagined I would extended my stay for a month! I had a GREAT time, those kind of experiences that are unforgetable and remind you how great it is to be alive...
I went to Arabian Soul because a friend I met in north India recommended the place. And I am very happy and grateful she did because I had a WONDERFUL stay there. I felt like home. Brigitte and Naveen are both beautiful and extremely helpful and chilled people. They made sure my room was clean all the time (which is not a very common thing in India) and were always there for everything I needed. From taking my clothes to the laundry, giving me any kind of advice about the place or just to have a nice chat...
The house has a beautiful energy, which for me is the most important thing of all.
I will definitely go back to Arabian Soul if I have the chance to o to Varkala again, I wouldnt think it twice...

Room Tip: The best rooms are the ones that have ocean view, because you get more fresh air. But all the rooms...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Mainz, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

A. S. is a place where I started relaxing at the moment I arrived. It´s a warm an welcome accomodation in the heart of the beautiful Varkala, positioned under wonderful trees close to the sea. To describe the atmosphere there I would like to use words like charming, natural, family like and so on. To have breakfast under the trees in front of the house made feel very calm and helped me to forget all around me. I will go back to Arabian Soul with very friendly Byrgida.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Guwahati, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Arabian Soul is a very cozy place to stay at. It was a beautiful garden as soon as you step in with tables laid out for you to sit and enjoy your drinks. The view from the rooms is beautiful as well, esp, if you get the ones that open towards the sea. The sound of the waves are a treat to your senses, esp, at night, when all around is quiet. The owner of Arabian Soul,Naveen, is very warm and welcoming. He always greeted us with a smile, gave us tips on what to do. The location is good too - at the beginning of the cliff and you step out and step right into the buzzing shops and restaurants.
The one drawback is that the place does not have air condition rooms and it was quite warm in the month of Mar. Otherwise, this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Opt for the rooms facing the sea.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Paleros
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

From the first look i thought that this is a unique place to be..and i was right!
Walked into this lovely guest house i felt like i was home, the people are so friendly
and they make sure that you get what you need.
Is a quiet and a very relax full place to be, in my next visit though i take a room witch include the
bathroom.
My bed and room was tide and clean, reasonable price and great talks with the owner,
thank you for helping me to get around India faster and smoother :)
They also let me boil my own rice in their kitchen !
is worth every moment of your stay!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo