I found Shiva Garden while looking for homestays on the internet. I loved the vibe on the photos and decided to check it out. Jayan was helpful and informative and even came to escort us to the place in his car.
The thali they serve there is authentic, kerala family style. No frills, just good wholesome food. The apartment we stayed in was clean, spacious and comfortable, though we spent most of our time in the hutch chatting with other travellers. There are 2 friendly dogs to keep you amused.
Will definitely stay here when I visit Varkala again in January.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SHIVA GARDEN is one among the most reputed home stays in Varkala. Perched near a majestic red cliff overlooking the Arabian Sea, this charming home stay offers many warm hospitable services as well as a fantastic garden view. Here we have a magnificent garden growing many famous Ayurvedic plants and trees, surrounding the resort. Guests are only minutes away from the famous 2000 years old Janardhana Swamy Temple, Kappil beach and Angengo Fort built by the British East India company in the 17th century. Shiva Garden is the perfect base for leisure and you may never forget this in your life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, HostelWorld and Booking.com so you can book your Shiva Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shiva Garden Hotel Varkala
- Shiva Garden Varkala, Kerala