The first thing to mention is that the general manager makes this hotel. For his helpfulness and attentiveness alone this hotel is worth a rating of 5.
We were travelling from Alappuzha when we were informed that due to the wildcat strike there would be no buses or Taxis. One phone call to the manager here, and he had arranged everything. Outstanding service.
The hotel itself - beach huts were beautiful, comfortable and clean. Food was excellent.
A couple of minor points - WiFi range was poor, and the path to the main varkala strip is unlit at one point; it can be treacherous at night. A torch is required and you might get a little wet! Though you can easily get tuk tuk easily to the hotel.
Location was perfect, bar at night time. Very close to the beach and the main a trip. Would happily stay at this hotel again. The atmosphere was unbelievably tranquil.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A private seaside resort adjacent to Varkala Beach. Each independent wooden cottage is made in the traditional Kerala style and has unobstructed views of the Arabian Sea, with private verandah, comfortable furnishings and en-suite facilities. Our multi-cuisine restaurant, raised on coconut stilts, affords glorious views of the Kerala coastline. Private and spacious gardens provide a secluded environment for a relaxing holiday. Amenities include Ayurvedic treatment, yoga, internet access, travel desk and money exchange. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Blue Water Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluewater Beach Hotel Varkala
- Blue Water Beach Resort Varkala, Kerala