This is a quiet, friendly little place with a quiet but service-oriented staff. There are only about 8 rooms...some have a/c and some don't. Although we were there in the summer months, the lack of a/c wasn't a problem. The view of the sea is beautiful, and with tables on the lawn just steps from the ocean, breakfast is a treat! If you get up about 6:00 you can watch a local group of retired fishermen bring in a large net full of small fish. Watch what they do with the plastic garbage that is also in the net!!! You can swim just 100 steps down the beach...great waves and warm water. Take a longer hike to the enormous beach about a mile to south...worth the walk. You might catch the local school children in 'surfing class'...fun! At night you can watch the giant string of lights (commercial fishing vessles, moving like a string of pearls on the horizon. This isn't an upscale place...the perfect spot to read, relax and re-energize.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A private seaside resort adjacent to Varkala Beach. Each independent wooden cottage is made in the traditional Kerala style and has unobstructed views of the Arabian Sea, with private verandah, comfortable furnishings and en-suite facilities. Our multi-cuisine restaurant, raised on coconut stilts, affords glorious views of the Kerala coastline. Private and spacious gardens provide a secluded environment for a relaxing holiday. Amenities include Ayurvedic treatment, yoga, internet access, travel desk and money exchange. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Blue Water Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluewater Beach Hotel Varkala
- Blue Water Beach Resort Varkala, Kerala