I have never experienced such a neat and cosy place - with perfect distance to the hustle and bustle on the Varkala North Cliff - quiet and right on the small beach of Odayam. Perfect spot for dolphin-spotting. There are eight or maybe ten rooms all together - perfect for friends, couples or lonely travellers - but not for party animals or conferences. It is a 20 min walk to Varkala and you can also walk north on the interesting coast where you will meet and see fishermen, wooden boats, palm trees, mosques and temples. If you get tired you can take a riksha back.
Blue Water Beach Resort is managed by Mr Rakish and his staff. Rakish can tell you stories from his interesting life, discuss literature or aviation. The chef from Tibet makes something extra out of all the meals - don´t miss the catch of the day and the generous and fresh fruit salad. We also loved the dal with plenty of coriander.
Swimming at the Odayam beach can be a little risky but fun in the breaking waves. Beware of the current at some times that can take you to the side and all of a sudden you might find yourself close to the rocks.
The best yoga in Odayam is at Oasis in the afternoon and at First Place in the morning (same teacher) and you can get wonderful massage at the Ayuvedic place just opposite the Blue Waters gates. Book in advance at high season as the place is small. (I better book my next stay right away as I have put out this review!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A private seaside resort adjacent to Varkala Beach. Each independent wooden cottage is made in the traditional Kerala style and has unobstructed views of the Arabian Sea, with private verandah, comfortable furnishings and en-suite facilities. Our multi-cuisine restaurant, raised on coconut stilts, affords glorious views of the Kerala coastline. Private and spacious gardens provide a secluded environment for a relaxing holiday. Amenities include Ayurvedic treatment, yoga, internet access, travel desk and money exchange. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Blue Water Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluewater Beach Hotel Varkala
- Blue Water Beach Resort Varkala, Kerala