Signature Residence
$101
Black Beach Resort(Varkala)(Great Value!)
$21
Akhil Beach Resort(Varkala)(Great Value!)
$24
Deshadan Cliff & Beach Resort(Varkala)(Great Value!)
$39
$33
Priceline
$26
$22
  • Breakfast included
Clafouti Beach Resort(Varkala)(Great Value!)
$24
  • Beachfront
Kshetra Beach Resorts(Varkala)(Great Value!)
$15
$11
Varkala Marine Palace(Varkala)(Great Value!)
$18
  • Beachfront
$29
  • Breakfast included
$70
$53
Priceline
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 22, 2010

Great hotel. Friendly staff, and free Wifi connection. I really enjoyed this hotel. I'ts nice and quiet and 2 minutes walk from the cliff where all the restaurants are.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed January 19, 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights over the Christmas period, we got one of the cottages which was 3500rs a night, quite expensive for India, but the room was spotless with really quiet air con, large and very modern with a huge fridge which was great for making mineral water ice cubes. They didn't raise there prices for the Christmas week like pretty much everyone else does in Varkala.

I would recommend staying here, didn't have any bad experiences, it was a few mins from the main drag so away from the noise and people.

The only negative thing I could think of saying is that the layout of the restaurant isn't very appealing, they have plastic table covers and lots of concrete. There are plenty of restaurants with great views very close by, so I think they should do some work on the place to make it an attractive option to make more people eat there.

Apart from the that, the staff are great and the service was also brilliant, they even brought me free sliced lemons for my gin tonics!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 7, 2010

I stayed for three days at the Signature Residence on the North Cliff of Varkala Beach. My major complaint is that the room was not cleaned once during the entire three days, even though the notice on the inside door stated that the rooms are cleaned daily. I should have complained to the staff; but couldn't be bothered. I breakfast was OK; but nothing speacial. I recommend having breakfast at any of the restaurants on the North Clif. It wil only set you back RS100 and is much better than hotel fare. Whilst I liked the Signature Residence, I recommend that tourists spend a bit more and book a hotel right on the North Cliff as the Signature residence was set in the back from the beach through a maze of foot paths. That's fine in the day; but navigating unlit fot paths at night in India is scary, if not dangerous (rats, snakes, and surprsingly motor scooters!) Varakala Beach is by far the best both the best beach in Kerala and the best area to stay whilst in Kerala.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 9, 2009

We arrived after have received a confirmation on our booking online, however the staff couldt find our reservation when we arrived. Not the best start...

The room was very nice, large and comfy, and our initial impression was very good.

On the second day our doorknob broke, so the door couldn't be locked from the outside, and despite all the staff's promises to fix it, it was never fixed for the entire week of our stay. On the 5th day, the whole handle broke of, so that we had to barricade the door with the coffee table at night to shut the door.

Our room was not cleaned once for our entire stay, despite asking the staff to get it clean, and get us clean towells, this never happend, and our toilet started to smell of elephants in the end, because the toilet leaked to the bathroom floor.

The restaurant didn't have a menu, so when we had to order something, you just had order something and hope they had it. Despite ordering the same menu on several occasions, it was never quite the same, that was served to us, but otherwise, the restaurant staff was very helpfull.

When my husband fell ill, the staff was very helpfull, when we were forced to stay in our room all day, to take care of him. However in the end the bad communication with the staff and lack of cleaning drove me mad, and we moved 10 m down the street to another hotel, for the remainder of our holiday.

I would recommend this hotel, if you only have to stay for a night or two, despite all our difficulty the rooms were very nice upon arrival.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sigge29
Reviewed March 9, 2009

Signature is a very pleasent hotel. We enjoyed this new place - the quietness and the beauty, the very friendly staff and the five star restaurant with its good food and complete service. Lal is a brilliant cook and Sri the perfect waiter and guide. John is helpfull in the reception and all the other emplyes are so fine and kind!
The rooms are spacius and nice and the view and sorroundings are nice and lokal. Very short to all the crowd at the cliff - but nice quiet in behind!
Ole & Rie from Denmark