“Good Comfortable Hotel to Stay”

Classic Sarovar Portico
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Classic Avenue is a Good Hotel to stay. this hotel is located well. its 6 km's from airport, nearby Central Railway station and KSRTC Central Bus Stand. its spacious, clean & tide. they have ample parking space. you'll find a good working table & wardrobe really maintained well. Floors have wooden finish. Minibar is available inside the room. Breakfast is served complementary. they have a multicusine restaurant, roof top restaurant, 24 hour coffee shop, Bar & a roof top swimming pool. currently swimming pool is under renovation. we were allowed corporate discounts & were charged special price of Rs.3K on a club room for a double occupancy. All Rooms have basic travel kit like Dental Kit, Comb, Soaps, Moisturisers, Talcum Powder, Bubble Bath & sewing kit. Staff are friendly.

Cons: TV needs a Change to LED or LCD. Absense of Coffee Maker in room. will hear noises from other rooms as the walls are thin - which can disturb you.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed 2 nights with my children on a medical trip. One reason I booked this hotel was the pool so my children can use the pool as they had a lot of free time but the pool was under renovation apparently now more than 4 months.

Check-in was smooth, friendly staff, comfortable bed. Food and beverage service was not to my standard. Breakfast buffet is ok but nothing special. Ala carte menu in the restaurant has very limited choice of my taste. Nightly buffet dinner is good with varieties of dishes but the service from the F&B staff could be improved.

Our check-out process was bad as they did not have enough change to give me I had to wait for nearly 20 minutes for the change and even then they were trying to give me in short saying they don't have change. Finally I got the change, which I gave as tips to the porter and security guys who helps me find three wheelers when we go out.

Room cleanliness was ok except I found a lot of dust under the bed.

Room Tip: I stayed in an executive room which was on the west side. It was quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My mother and I stayed here for 2 nights. The reception is lovely and grand with a friendly door greeter in traditional dress. The staff are friendly and helpful, however this is the only part of the hotel that looks like the pictures on the website. We found the rooms to be comfortable and clean, but the sound proofing was poor. We could hear constant scraping of furniture from other rooms at all hours with a constant whirring noise coming from the air conditioning - even when turned off! The wifi connection in the room was poor, I had to sit in the hallway to receive a good signal. The pool was pleasant and clean and lovely for swimming. And room service was good.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I booked this hotel online and this was supposed to be the last stay of my Kerala Trip. The check in process was smooth but we had to wait for 30 minutes for our room as an air india flight crew was leaving before us. Once they left, we were guided to our room.

The room was neat and the bathroom was clean. The room had all amenities a 3 star hotel would have. The breakfast was amazing and lavish. The hotel arranged an airport drop on our request.

The hotel is walking distance away from the Indian Coffee House and MG Road.

The only let down was that our room was connected to a different room and the people staying there kept shouting/talking loudly till late in the night which was disturbing as we had to catch an early morning flight.

Room Tip: Dont take connecting rooms, the noise will drive you mad
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Discoverer00
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Stayed here for just a day and it was booked by our travel agent. Due to my previous experiences in Trivandrum, my expectations were low. But I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel. The hotel claims to be the best business class hotel in the town and I am in no position to verify such claims. However, I feel this is a very decent hotel for a 3 to 4 star hotel.

It is fairly new and still in good condition. The front office staff were knowledgeable and helpful. Couldn't comment much on food or other facilities as we had a very tight schedule and had to catch a very early flight out.

I also liked the fact that the hotel is located in a good location in the city.

Pros:
1. Decent, clean,new and well maintained hotel
2. Free wifi (that actually works)
2. Nice rooms
4, Good location
5. Near to airport

Cons:
1. Unfriendly security
2. Hotel entrance is not accessiable for the elderly and handicapped

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed at this property numerous times on my visit to trivandrum for business, stayed at their suite , which was pretty standard as in nothing to write home about .The bathroom was big and room were cleans and maintained ,air conditioning was a problem .Gym was standard and swimming pool was maintained .The food was okay and they had pretty much all cuisines covered .The head chef was a gem of a person and was very accommodating and the same can be said about the general manager .The staff was helpful and courteous .But one experience of being stuck in the elevator changed by whole perspective and checked out immediately .

Room Tip: Their rooms have thin walls , so if on a tight schedule recommend another property "The Keys...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed at Classic Avenue twice in one month, and found it to be clean and comfortable, for a very good price. The location is quiet, yet convenient to shopping and to the train station. The included breakfast was tasty and complete, and amenities such as laundry and room service were affordable. The staff were friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends