“Overall a good experience...”
Review of Maurya Rajadhani

Maurya Rajadhani
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Good part of our stay in Maurya Rajadhani was that it is centrally located, close to all major landmarks. The vicinity was calm and felt safe.

Accommodation was roomy, well lit, and well maintained; bathrooms were clean. Wi-fi connectivity was seamless. We did not try the in-house menu as there were many options surrounding this place for people who like to taste some local cuisine.

Staff were courteous and eager to help; never had to wait too long or send reminders.

Local transportation was easily accessible from this place, just at the entrance.

Overall, it was a good experience..

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jaikes
gmmaurya, General Manager at Maurya Rajadhani, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback.
It's nice to know that you liked our services and facilities.We will try our best to improve guest expectations .Looking forward to have you with us during your next visit to Trivandrum.

There are newer reviews for Maurya Rajadhani

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed there from 4th night nov to 6th evening nov at this hotel. Room was excellent, space around. only sore thing is they dont have power points for Laptop which is the need of the hour now.
I need to mention about broadband: wow what a speed. I have not experienced such faster connection in a hotel room. Thanks to the networking team.
while stay was good food rates are quite high. They also need to improve the quality and variety of break-fast.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank nbsm2013
gmmaurya, General Manager at Maurya Rajadhani, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feed back.
Your concern on breakfast variety and plug points inside rooms will be rectified.It is nice to know that the wi fi speed and other services were acceptable to you.
Looking forward to have you back with us during our next visit to Tvpm.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Since I am a local, I cannot comment on their rooms. But I usually arrange our parties their. The approach from their side was par excellent. The Buffet lay out was ok but worth the money. If you are going in for lunch, it can get a little hot during april - may. The approach and attitude at Ripples, I find very welcome. May be this is one reason that attract me, even if the happy hour rates are better at Pankaj or orbit.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shajumudeen

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your mail, it's our pleasure to know that our hotel and services are acceptable to you.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed in Maurya in 2012 with my wife. Everything was top class. The communication, service and food. The hotel employees were so friendly. No delay at the check in. The room was nice and spacious enough for a couple (though this is subjective). I selected Maurya as this hotel was always on the top of the list for team outings while I worked in technopark. The housekeeping staff replaced the bathtub plug which I had damaged accidentally but never charged anything for it. We were served complimentary breakfast which was also very good in quality. However, for a buffet, I prefer Park Rajadhani as it offers variety as well as taste. The check out was also smooth. We informed them just 5 minutes before checkout and by the time we reached the reception, the bill was ready.

The hotel is just 100 meters from the main road, in fact you can say that this is right ion the statue junction. However, the street from the main road to the hotel is narrow and is difficult to drive at times. Other than this, I cannot find anything negative about this hotel. This one of the best hotels at this budget. I believe the hotel would resolve all the problems mentioned in the recent posts.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
gmmaurya, General Manager at Maurya Rajadhani, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feed back.
It is nice to know that you find our hotel and services acceptable.
Team Maurya ,looks forward to have you with us during your future visits.

Warm Regars,

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Since my stay was for 6 hours to catch an early flight, I cannot speak much about services.
First - they do not have an in house copy machine, they will take your passport outside the hotel to make copies. This is anything but a star hotel, it is a higher end lodge charging high end rates. The biggest problem I had - while checking out at 4.30am I asked for a bill, the front desk associate outright denied to give me a bill. He said "my system will not even give me that option since you booked through a third party". Since I was in a rush I didn't dispute it. I called expedia today to see if they could help - the lady stated she could send me an email saying I stayed there - however, in order to add this for my business expenses an email will not suffice. She mentioned she would call the hotel and put me on hold - after a long time the call got disconnected. I called the hotel - the front desk associate gave me the same answer - "we cannot give you a bill" since you paid expedia. I spoke to a rude manager - John Mathews who has no business being in the hospitality industry and is tarnishing Maurya's reputation and doing a disservice to them by talking as though I was asking for a bill for my stay at his personal property - I explained to him that I will need a bill to submit for reimbursement - he said the hotel policy does not allow that and that I should contact expedia for a bill. I stayed at another hotel highly rated that than this one in Cochin for the last 2 nights, also booked through expedia and they gave me a bill when I checked out - I didn't even have to ask for it. Thats what customer service is about - helping a customer in need and not dictating policy, which by the way is not on their website or mentioned to you when you make a reservation. This will be the last time I stay at Maurya and I hope they will be more customer centric in their dealings with their customers..good luck to those who choose to stay there! Btw, I also told John that I would write about this service on this website to ensure people know about this policy, and he said "please do".

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank S S
gmmaurya, General Manager at Maurya Rajadhani, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback..
I have investigated your concerns on billing and photocopy machine,please find below my observations on the same;
Billing-Your bill can be claimed only through your booker(Expedia) or with their written consent, since as per our agreed business terms we are not supposed to give the bill to you for facilities booked and paid by them.(the staff members have to follow that unless intimated by the booker,please do not feel bad)
photocopy machine-we are a classified hotel with good communication facility catering to corporates,and have photocopy machines installed in the back office(for official use) and in the business centre for guest use(the day you checked in is a Sunday-9.30.P.M,where all outside shops are also closed)you may have been mistaken.
Hope my views are clearly ,please contact me if required.
Regards,

Reviewed September 9, 2013

It was our team dinner, food was good, but it lacked variety, didn't have much options as expected for a buffet. The service and staff were good. The hotel can be easily reached (though it is in a narrow street).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
gmmaurya, General Manager at Maurya Rajadhani, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Mr.Tiju,
Thank you for the feed back on our Dinner buffet,It is nice to know that the food served was tasty.

We serve 07 non vegetarain dishes and 08 veg dishes along with the rice dishes,breads and live breads(that itself is the best variety that you get in a hotel in Trivandrum)
However we are having a ethnic food promotion (Dinner Buffets)on the 13th Sep to 30th September 2013,please join us and explore the best buffet in town.
looking forward to meet you.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We checked in Maurya Rajadhani by mistake as we got wrong information about our booking. the reception looks quite good. The rooms are congested and the toilet is so crammed with an automatic door which needs a truck to push in. The sink was blocked and the tub is too small to stand and take a bath without someone holding you for the scare of slipping and falling out. Food is horrible but the service is excellent. No toiletterys, nothing in the mini bar. Just a hotel where one can stay when he could not find any alternatives

Room Tip: better go elsewhere
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PRABHU60
gmmaurya, General Manager at Maurya Rajadhani, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Mr.Prabhu,
Thank you for your feedback.I have cross checked your views,please find below our observations on the same.
ROOM SIZE: Govt.of India has set a standard of 140 sq feet for the guest bed room and 36 sq ft for the bathroom/toilet,we have been inspected and certified by Govt,without which we cannot operate this business.(we are a classified 4 star hotel since the last 06 years) .
However one of you stayed in a deluxe room (#405)and you were upgraded to a suite(#404) which is much bigger than the standard rooms(guest room with a living room 200sq ft and toilet is 45sqft) so the comment that a small rooms/ room was given to you is untrue.

MINI BAR-the next comment that the mini bar was not empty is also incorrect, on inspecting the housekeeping records,it show that mini bar was refilled (at 15.00 hours)you checked in at 18.14 hours as per records,and that you have not consumed anything from the mini bar(it is well sacked with chocolates,energy munch,Power Munch,biscuits,Potato snacks,beer,soft drink cans(3 flavours)bottled drinking water etc.

Toilet Blocked issues-There was no compliant intimation from you during your stay (27.8.2013 to 28.8.2013)at the Engineering Department (all calls are logged along with the work undertaken timings)Think you did not inform them .
My apologies to you ,if we have let you down.Hope the above facts shows our interest in solving each guest issues(because this is service industry,mistakes have to be corrected)and that we keep a track of things.
Hope the above is appropriate,we are not justifying our side(that never helps)

Have a nice Day!!