“Excellent "home from home" welcome”
Review of Maurya Rajadhani

Maurya Rajadhani
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Excellent "home from home" welcome”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I initially booked to stay for one week, but as I found the staff and ambience of the hotel friendly and welcoming and also it had all the business facilities which I needed, I ended-up staying for nearly eight weeks. I was originally allocated a standard executive room for single occupancy, which was fine, but on staying longer I was given a suite for the same price. This seems typical for the hotel which tries to look after its guests. I preferred the room service menu to eating in the restaurant. It was excellent service and the chef came to realise my favourite dishes. On my last day he prepared a special treat for me with his compliments. There were occasional issues with the availability of the WiFi but I have come to expect this at every hotel in which I have stayed in Kerala. It did not detract from the comfort of my stay. The gym was a must for me and it had adequate machines for me to work-out though I never understood why I was always the only one using it. Situated in an adjacent building, 15 seconds walk from hotel entrance to gym entrance; it was always clean and tidy. I noted, before I booked, that there was one adverse comment about the Air Conditioning; I found no problems whatsoever as there were individual controls in the rooms even though the facility was centrally provided. A BIG plus for me was that it was possible to open the bedroom windows when one felt the need for fresh air. The bathroom was complete with shower and bath...so all tickety boo. If one wants to be critical some areas of the hotel could do with a “lick of paint”...but in terms of value for money, a friendly welcome, comfort and good service I would highly recommend this hotel especially as it is so centrally located in the City - Thiruvananthapuram. Easy access to everything. I look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the left of the hotel, as these have a nicer view towards the centre of the city...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
gmmaurya, General Manager at Maurya Rajadhani, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Dear Mr.Dave,
Greetings from Team Maurya!!
It is very easy to remember a long staying guest like you(eight weeks),and we are privilaged to know that you had a nice stay with us.The painting of walls as suggested by you will be over by next month.
Your feedback is an encouragement for the young team of professionals working with us and will be posted in the staff notice board)
We look forward to have you with us during your next vist to India.

Anu Rajan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Pune
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Best thing about this Hotel is its location. All major tourist point of Trivandrum falls within a radius of 3-4 kms from this place. You can walk down to M G Rd as the Hotel lies on the road perpendicular to the M G Rd, Statue Road. Coming to the Hotel - This can be termed as a professionally managed place with well trained staff and amiable environment. Rooms are good with neat and clean bathrooms. The buffet breakfast served here on the rooftop restaurant, is more than you can ask for. The breakfast was sumptuous and had varied options to choose from.
However, the one thing I didn't like about the Hotel was one of the receptionist named Mr. Sreekumar. When we called him from the Bus stand he didn't guide us to Hotel well nor did we find his behavior to be very welcoming on arrival. A well behaved receptionist will only complement the overall service provided by the Hotel. Moreover, they can try and send more friendly people for room service. Other than this the overall experience has been good.

Room Tip: Try to opt for for a room facing the road side
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
gmmaurya, Guest Relations Manager at Maurya Rajadhani, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to pen down your views,it is nice to know that you had a nice experience,however your comments on the shortfall from the reception will be rectified(he was a new staff,who was recently inducted from a different location),our sincerce apologise for letting you down.We hope to have you back with us during your next visit.
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The only advantage of this hotel is the location....the rooms are very old and the furniture and curtains are filthy...the staff were not amicable and had a very dull face all the time....very poor in hospitality.......unless you ask for- nobody comes for room cleaning.... ....there were better /new hotels for the same value of money, in the same locality......Would not like to opt this hotel again....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
gmmaurya, General Manager at Maurya Rajadhani, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking time off to pen down your experience of staying with us.
May I take this opprotunity to inform you that we are undergoing renovation work in the hotel and will meet your expectation during your next visit.
On behalf of my team, I would like to apologise for the let down in your expectations and assure you of a better experience on your next visit.
Warm Regards ,

Maurya Rajadhani

Travelers are raving about these Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) hotels

Bangalore, India
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This is a nice hotel in the heart of the city. 5-10 minutes drive from railway station and near the secretariat. Clean rooms. We were given a room that was above the kitchen and the kitchen exhaust made a loud noise. When we asked to be moved to another room, they were happy to do so. There was a dinner buffet as it was a weekend. Food was good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
gmmaurya, General Manager at Maurya Rajadhani, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Greetings!!
Thankyou for the response.Team Maurya is pleased to know that the hotel and services were as per your expectation.We look forward to have you with us.

juhu
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I visited the property to book a room for my guests from Mumbai recently. The front desk staffs (females) were very courtious but unable to handle me and directed me to the f o m. Yes I was very much impressed by his professionalism and hospitality though I couldn't book the room as the trip of my guest got postponed.

But I will surely recommend the hotel as I was shown around the place by the G R E.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
gmmaurya, General Manager at Maurya Rajadhani, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Guest,
Gretings from the Maurya Rajadhani!!
Thankyou for your response,it is nice to know that you appreciate our hospitality .
The' RAJADHANI' group looks forward to meet you again.

Cochin, Kerala, India
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Stayed there as part of my business trip stayed there only once. A good ambient hotel with neat rooms, somehow good service. But the brk fast is poor/pathetic considering its a four star, only 3items in buffet. Some foreigners were there, i was wondering how they cd eat if only vada/idly/egg avl !!!

Room service is good, facilities ok.

Overall good, but not value for money.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
, General Manager at Maurya Rajadhani, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thankyou for your response (8 months after staying with us)It is nice to know that you stayed with us and found our services aceptable.You might be mistaken on the comments on buffet breakfast(due to this long period of 08 months),we serve the breakfast in our roof top restaurant(Palm Top) from 7.00 am till 10.30am.

Our normal menu includes the following:
02 types of cereals with dates served with hot and cold milk,freshly cut fruits,Two types of breads with honey,mixed fruit jam and marmalade,idli ,vada,banana fritters or steamed bananas,grilled chicken sausages,north indian and south indian breads and curries,eggs to order and variety of dosa from the live kitchen near the buffet and for guests we also offer baked beans and pitted prunes on request.with tea /coffee health drinks and Fresh Fruit juice.

I strongly feel that you have mistaken us ,because we are offering the above spread for breakfast and regularly change the dishes so as to make the buffet more interactive and apealing to all our guests.(this is the pattern of menu that we follow for the last 03 years.
Since we do not have a bakery we are unables to serve croissants,danish and muffins(which will be over come very soon)
I am not telling you that there was no compliant on Breakfast buffets ,we get comments on guest preferences and expectations and we analyse them case by case and take immedeate corrective steps to overcome the short commingsif any from our side.We get lot of comments on the good spread and variety of food on breakfast buffet .

May I once again thankyou for the review and hope my response express my view on that.
UAE
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights in this hotel last month during our trip to trivandrum. This hotel has everything you need. The hotel is centrally located and you can find almost everything in walking distance. Hotel staff was very supportive and helped us in providing information about all famous trourist spots in and around trivandrum. Check-in, to cleanliness and restaurants all was perfect. Room service excellent. The restaurant buffet dinner had a wide variety.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Maurya Rajadhani, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Greetings!!

Thank you for your response on your stay at our Hotel.
It is nice to know that you appreciate our business.Rajadhani Group looks forward to have you
with us during your next visit to Trivandrum.

Have a nice Day!!