Last year we passed through Trivandrum right on the big day of the Onam festivities (if you're not Indian and don't know, this is basically Kerala's answer to Xmas, and in Trivandrum the whole city is decorated beautifully with lights and there is partying in the streets...very entertaining to see Indians let their hair down for an evening! And free "real" Kathakali by the palace!) Anyway, since our main goal in going to Trivandrum was sightseeing, we wanted a place "downtown" (this concept is hard to identify in spread-out but pleasant-enough Trivandrum), and the Residency Tower fit the bill, since it is right by the State Parliament (which would've won the global warming booby prize that night with its approximately 2 trillion decorative lights) on a big road that leads down to the Palace, etc.
The hotel was decorated for Onam, too, with its big pookalam, and the hotel staff "apologized" saying lunch on Onam would be a bit more pricey than normal, but that we were welcome to come. What a treat! We were served an amazing Onam thali, and as foreigners, it was so special to have lunch surrounded by all the Keralans wearing their finest duds. All the little kids were dressed up and so cute.
The hotel has a bit of a business hotel atmosphere in general, and is up to that standard, but we were helped out as the clueless tourists we were anyway. And for the hot-and-sweaty globetrotter, there is a WONDERFUL swimming pool on the roof with views looking out over the entire city. Grab a beer or two out of the mini-bar, take the lift up here and dive in! You will fall in love with this slice of downtown Trivandrum! The only problem is you may not want to leave and actually go see the city!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residency Tower is 4 Star Classified Business Hotel. It has all facilities apt for a business traveler.There are 63 well appointed rooms.The facility Includes Centrally Air conditioned rooms, Electronic safes, Satellite LCD Television,Direct Dial, Running Hot & Cold water, 24 Hr Room Service, Wi fi , Swimming Pool , Fitness center, Business Center, Doctor on Call, Board Room, Banquet Hall & meeting rooms, Multi cuisine restaurant, Specialty North Indian Restaurant etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Residency Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residency Hotel Thiruvananthapuram Trivandrum
- The Residency Tower Kerala, India