The Residency Tower
Over The Hill(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))
$73
$64
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Garden Inn Trivandrum(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))
$62
Vivanta by Taj - Trivandrum(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))
$99
Beach and Lake Ayurvedic Resort(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))(Great Value!)
$37
Hotel Prathiba Heritage(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))(Great Value!)
$15
SP Grand Days(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))
$50
$47
Agoda.com
Hycinth By Sparsa(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))
$77
$68
Agoda.com
Fortune Hotel The South Park(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))
$40
$39
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Uday Suites(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))
$33
The Travancore Heritage Beach Resort(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))
$59
$56
Priceline
All reviewspunjabi restaurantvalue for moneyrooftop poolclose to mg roadclean roomsbusiness hotelhotel is locatedroom servicedeluxe roomcomfortable staydecent stayfront officebreakfast buffet isconvenient locationexcellent place to staythe ground floorcourteous staff
Reviewed November 4, 2012

With much regret at not being able to stay at the Taj Vivanta Trivandrum, we stayed here - a last minute decision.

Check-in was substandard. The male receptionist took excessively long to check us in, and at 1am when night flight travellers are weary. Our room was in a newly decorated wing. It reeked of paint. To compensate, there was a makeshift air freshener affixed to the wall, puffing out cheap and nasty chemical fumes which gave me an asthmatic attack. I complained to the manager and we were assigned a better room. Every morning, you could hear workmen banging as they redecorated the hotel. Anyone familiar with the classic British comedy "Carry on abroad" and the hotel within that known as "Hells Bells" would understand. Some of the wall lamp fittings were loose, perhaps dangerously so, and a request for an ironing board equated to a bedsheet being strewn over the study table. The shower was not forceful nor invariably hot. The restaurant staff don't understand how to cater for Westerners, and by that I also mean Indians such as myself who live abroad. The hotel is occupied mainly by Keralans and Indians from neighbouring states. When it transpired Expedia had inadvertantly paid the hotel twice, the management did nothing to recognise this. Expedia have still not received their funds and I had to secure the refund from my bank. The in-house room dining leaves a lot to be desired. It's expensive and poor quality, even the Keralan chicken curry. Frequent powers cuts were sorted out quickly but it deterred me from ever using the lift. The breakfast was very average Keralan fayre.

The female receptionists during the day at least convey some degree of efficiency. But the staff in general lack warmth and friendliness, apart from one young bellboy.

Needless to say, we spent very little time here. The hotel is located in the busy Statue area and so taxis and autorickshaws were easy to flag down. Incidentally, anyone interested in Indian artefacts etc should visit the very nearby Government emporium "SMSM Institute".

A visit back to this hotel is highly unlikely. The management need to take a close inspection at how the organisation is run. The customer is not made to feel like a priority. Even the manager I spoke to the next day stepped out of a posh car and proceeded to walk to the elevator without even acknowledging us. Overall, a poor show.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PierreLeeds
Residencytvm, General Manager at The Residency Tower, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for the detailed review of "The Residency Towers" Hotel and for highlighting your concern.

Sir, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences experienced. I have personally discussed each issue with the concerned area manager and we are taking immediate corrective measures.

Expedia has approached us with a request to re-consider the refund being computer error. Presently we plan to relax part of the payment.

I am confident that your valuable feedback will help us further improve our services.

With Warm Regards

Siju Thilak

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Centrally located.

value for money

Good ambience and interiors.

Food is tasty and economical . Service is quite good.

I would recommend definitely for business trips .

It was very convenient for shopping as well as official work . The car rental was also efficient .

A 4 star hotel .

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Its a Nice hotel to stay, I had stayed for a day. The Dinner buffer was very good with lot of varieties and the cost will also surely hurt your pockets. They don't offer very good menu in the breakfast and the service is also poor during the morning breakfast.

Check out time is not 24hours and it is at 12Pm. They allow additionally 2hours.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

The hotel in question is one of the several hotels the group has under its flagship. I have been a guest at both their Chennai establishments. I will certainly vouch for the fact that the quality of service is the same. I have enjoyed the stay and their attention to detail in the rooms is one of the best in this price range. However, the only feedback I will have for them will be to add variety to their breakfast spread. I will certainly look forward to staying at The Residency in my next visit to TVM.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

stayed for over night. Rooms are good and space is okay. Check out time was not customer friendly, 12 noon, i cam late night and got to leave late night flight, very odd to have two nights charges for an overnight stay! Other wise our stay and food was good.