“Good, Decent! ” 4 of 5 bubbles

Beach and Lake Ayurvedic Resort
“Good, Decent! ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Visited the resort in December 2013. Will directly mention the pros and cons:
Pros:
-A gud view of the beach frm the property. Sight and sound of the waves splashing across the shore is very relaxing.
- Food was ok bt over priced.
- One of the staff ws v helping, courteous.

Cons:
-They dint serve packed mineral bottle on arrival which should be the case
- Beach is not maintained and not safe for swimming.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Hitesh L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

From mid October to end of November 2013 treatment for disorder in the urinary system with a diagnosis of Pitha Vatha.

Every day a doctor checkup to modify, if necessary, the treatment plan. Even though I am not fully cured after my discharge date since some months of taking the ayurvedic medicine are needed to complete the treatment, I am still much better now as compared to before my arrival to "Beach and Lake Ayurvedic Resort" thanks to the holistic treatment plan with massage and the individually adopted ayurvedic menu, but also from the support from daily yoga classes guided by an excellent yoga master. Always discharge advice is handed out with the accompanied medicin. Last but not least thanks to all the other staff who also have contributed to make the stay here worthwhile.
Ps. It is only the waste in the river that you see at times that reminds you that you aren't in Paradise with this fabulous Ocean View at "Beach and Lake". Otherwise I would have marked "excellent" on "Location" too.

• Stayed November 2013
Hesseneck, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed here from Dec 2 to Dec 9 with my family for 1 week Ayurvedic treatment. We booked for 2 AC Standard Deluxe room but when we reach the resort, the kind people upgraded us to AC Deluxe Room by saying 'We added 5 more rooms now and your comfort is what we looking for'.

Before coming here I was confused whether it will be a good place to enjoy my holidays or I will have to mess up with the boring Ayurvedic and all. Lot of mixed reviews are there n TripAdvisor as well. mmm... what to say ? The awesome resort, great treatment, good relation with the staffs, calm and quite atmosphere, good views..etc fixed a smile on my face for last 7 days completely ! My parents are also happy because they got relief from their diseases. What I need more than that ?

Positives.
````````````
* The new 5 rooms with direct beach view.
* Room's position. (on morning, u can see sun-rise from your bed and the direct sun light will give you positive energy. It is the perfect time to do 'Sudarshan Kriya').
* Restaurant at Island area with free boating !
* open-air swimming pool ( I used to spend my leisure time there when my parents undergo ayurvedic treatments )
* Free WiFi access in all area including rooms, island, restaurant, pool, ayurvedic building..etc
* Very helpful reception / front desk. ( I used to irritate them by asking simple things every time but they were very happy to answer me. lol. At the end of the day, we became good friends ).
* Outstanding ayurvedic treatment. ( my parents only did the treatment and they saying like, it was far better than what they expected. ) The doctor's service is available in the day time and even if we are not doing any treatments, we can go and have a chat with her for FREE of cost.
* Very good room service.
* Another interesting thing which I found ONLY IN THIS RESORT is, all the staffs are good n English (starting from the security to boat driver to service guys to receptionists). So, there is no barrier in 'talking with anybody'.

Negatives
`````````````
* The food was good but I felt the price are little high.
* We found some dust particles on the lake on 3rd day. (they says it was because of the Estuary )
* no speed boat.

Comparing with the 'out of box' positive things, these negatives are nothing ! I wish to visit this place again with my family on next vacation.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Stephanie_Stephy2013
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

staying at beach & lake resort was truly a spellbinding experience to me and my family.. I was looking for a good holiday resort in Kerala and to seek rejuvenation through ayurveda. Beach & Lake is undoubtedly one of the best ayurvedic resorts I could scout for in the Trivandrum /Kovalam coastline . This resort is nestled a midst one of the best and naturally beautiful locales of Kerala.. Truly defines the tag "God's own country" for you. Pristine lake caressing the sea, endless secluded beaches and a completely peaceful, serene and lush green locality. The resort is very thoughtfully designed to give you an authentic feel of the culture and heritage of Kerala. A fine blend of traditional architecture and modern amenities. The resort owners and staff go an extra mile to ensure your stay at the resort be a very memorable one. The staff are very efficient, co-operative and friendly. We had complained about the noises near the pool area by a few local occupants and within no time the staff pressed into action and cleared the same. The masseurs and the Doctor are well trained and are really good at what they do. I & my wife feel completely refreshed after the ayurvedic treatments. I recommend this place to all. Its a true paradise on earth..

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank nathan_smith2013
Vadodara, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

It was just the begining of our Kerala Trip after the make-shift arrangement at Devikripa Homestay and we met with a not-so-good kind of an experience. We found that the resort is not geared up for the stay for tourist. It may be good for Ayurvedic Treatment, which we did not dare to explore after our initial experience. The understanding about the Service Delivery is not there at all. After some unpleasant experience which we had to communicate with their staff, only on the last day the service improved to some extent. The so-called beach is also not so pleasant viewing. We could find lizards, cockroaches in the bath room. When you have to travel from their one end to another by their small boat, the back-water thru which you travel is also very dirty. In all, I could make out that this place is not for families and friends to enjoy their holidays and there may be many other exciting options in and around Trivandrum / Kovalam to explore for...!!

Room Tip: I would suggest that the rooms near their Treatment centre are good speacious.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Arth04
Paris, France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

This place used to be our favourite and it was the third stay but this time paradise became hell. New management is driven by short term profit allowing large indian families (vey noisy) and regular tourists to stay when before it was a genuine ayurvedic place very quiet and peaceful. During our entire stay (9 nights) they had very heavy noisy works going on (they built 5 more rooms). Nobody told us about the works and when we complained management shouted on us ! Unbelievable. The place is not well kept anymore and dirty. Treatments are still good and the doctor is really nice and professional but how can you enjoy it with noise and unpleasant management around. When we left we asked for a commercial gesture due to the inconvenience and we had a generous incredible 5% discount. A genuine insult. Not to mention the rate card in INR much more favourable but not used for foreigners billed in euros !!!!! This is a real pity as the location is simply amazing and it used to be an absolute jewel before. So sad to ruin a place in a short amount of time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Christophe M
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed at this property for one day from 13th Oct to 14th Oct 2013. We had booked a standard deluxe double non a/c room. However, on arrival the hotel staff upgraded to Deluxe Double non A/c room free of cost.

The room had an excellent backwater and sea view from the balcony. Watching the sunset from the room was an amazing experience. The room was clean and well-maintained. The hotel staff was very hospitable.

The hotel's in-house restaurant was deserted (hardly a couple of guests). The food was extremely expensive way to high for the standard of the hotel and the quality of food being served.

The beach was very dirty with a lot of waste strewn around.

Room Tip: Choose the duluxe double non a/c room which is truly a value for money specially on the first or sec...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sandeep S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
Vivanta by Taj - Trivandrum
Vivanta by Taj - Trivandrum
#3 of 89 in Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
The Leela Kovalam Beach
Uday Suites
Uday Suites
#4 of 89 in Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
Hilton Garden Inn Trivandrum
Hilton Garden Inn Trivandrum
#2 of 89 in Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
Hotel Lake Palace
Hotel Lake Palace
#6 of 89 in Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
Palmleaves Beach Resort
Palmleaves Beach Resort
#35 of 89 in Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)

Been to Beach and Lake Ayurvedic Resort? Share your experiences!