“Decent one at reasonable Tariff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Horizon

Hotel Horizon
Salem, Tamil Nadu, India
“Decent one at reasonable Tariff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stayed with my family here for two days and one night before leaving for Cochin. The hotel was very well maintained, simple, neat and tidy. The food quality was good. The rates were very reasonable. One distinct advantage is that the hotel is located in the heart of the City, walkable distance from Trivandrum Central Railway Station.... Got it booked through online .. and no regrets... The tariff was something around 2700 + complimentary breakfast.. Would recommend to anyone going on a budget trip...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Dan0609

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Cronulla, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed for one night as Air India cancelled our 2pm flight to Delhi via Bangalore, and put us there. The hotel room was a bit unclean, nothing that would kill you if you had to stay for one night, but certainly not something you would choose either. Outside of the room there was a huge mess of chairs as if there had been some event and they didn't have time to set things in order. Service was equally messy, as they rang me near midnight to confirm if I was flying to Delhi or Bangalore, and told me that my flight to Delhi would depart at 8:30. My phone rang again at 5 am to ask again if I was flying to Delhi or Bangalore... when I answered again I was going to Delhi, the manager told me that we needed to leave right away as our flight was departing at 6 am, and there was a taxi waiting for us downstairs. We were ready and out on the street in 15 minutes, forget about the shower or even brushing. There was a taxi waiting that ignored us completely and took off swiftly with other passengers who got down from their room 15 minutes after we did, in the middle of discussions in Malayalam and absolutely no answer to our queries about why the taxi and us were there but nothing was happening. The hotel manager and one staff then set themselves to getting a taxi on the deserted street, as we found they were responsible for arranging our the transportation. As we were trying to get our luggage on a tuktuk, a taxi finally appeared and we managed to get to the airport and just by miracle to catch our plane. To crown the apalling service, this mishap didn't deserve an apology from the hotel manager. The only positive I can mention is there were no bed-bugs. Pass if you can!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Trivandrum
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Hotel Horizon situated at Aristo road, very close to Trivandrum Central railway station and bus stand, is classy and provide comfortable accommodation at reasonable rates. The rooms are very tidy, well furnished and maintained.
I stayed in a Double AC room with tariff rate of Rs.2900 inclusive of complimentary breakfast ( Rs.3477 with luxury tax and service tax ). The tidy, well-furnished room had two beds seperated by a side table, dressing table and chair, small refrigerator , televison, a sofa set and a tidy wardrobe. The rooms are centrally airconditioned and the temperature can be set at a control panel fixed close to the vent. The bathrooms, though small are tidy and beautiful.
Food is quite expensive but is good. The complimentary breakfast is not so sumptuous, but is fine.
Valet parking is available, but my vehicle was covered with bird droppings when I got it back. Anyway I sincerely wish that the management will not cut down any trees or scare off the birds to rectify the problem.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Chandigarh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had a chance to visit Trivandarum recently to attend the annual convention of the Sports Journalists Federation of India. It was a disappointing experience as the Hotel Horizon where I stayed was perhaps did not recognise the universal meaning of hospitality. There is no concept of cleaning the room after you had ordered food/snacks in your room. There is no Wi FI. Banquet halls are all L-shaped. Food quality is no good. Overall it was a disappointing experience. Only silver lining was the coffee shop where young Khushboo looked after the guests well. Business centre is only in name.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Olympian416
India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

I reached Trivandrum late night on 16th July 2012 and checked into this hotel as it was close to the railway station. They gave me a good discount. The room I would rate was not that good but certainly was not bad. Complimentary breakfast served was okay but certainly not very good. The AC is set at a pre determined temperature and a remote is not being given to either increase or decrease the temperature. Overall neither satisfied nor dissatisfied as I just stayed for one night. The staff at reception and restaurant were very courteous which I appreciate.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

During my visit to God's Own Country,Kerala, I stayed at this Hotel for 3 nights and my stay was quite comfortable.The location is strategic.Rooms and the facilities in the room are very good.The lobby is quite appealing with elegant lounge for the guests and visitors.Room service is excellent.Food is very tasty and healthy.They serve Buffet breakfast which is complementary and with a quite few typical Kerala dishes like Appam,Dosha,Paratha,Medhu Vada etc.The boiled Banana is in fact a rare dish which is palatable.What I like about this Hotel is that the cleanliness is superb.

I recommend this property to the traveller/tourist who visits Trivandrum.

Room Tip: Preferably take rooms near the elevator.