“Best Italian Food this side of the world”

Zenzerro Cafe & Bakery
Cuisines: American, Italian, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
LA
“Best Italian Food this side of the world”
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Food, ambience, service, all above par. This boutique restaurant does it all without trying. I came here for lunch, the place was relatively busy. I didn't make any advance reservation, but it didn't seem to be necessary though. I ordered a salad and a spinach tagliatelle pasta dish with pesto. The food was amazing. The pasta was cooked al dente. The flavorful sauces that teased my palette, left me craving for more. I thoroughly enjoyed my lunch. The prices are quite resonable for a very good quality restaurant food. Big thumbs up for overall value and experience. If you find yourself in Trivandrum craving Italian fare, Zenzerro it is!

Visited January 2014
4 Thank Tankmoon

New Delhi, India
“A Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I was recently in Trivandrum. I wanted to go to a good place for a light meal and my friend recommended Zenzerro as the best place for waffles in Trivandrum. As I entered the restaurant I was greeted with a warm smile and great service. I requested the owner to recommend me their best soup and he asked me to go for their Thai Tom Yum soup. As I was waiting for my soup, I just checked some reviews for Zenzerro on my laptop and I was shocked to see that a place with such great service had a bad review for thai food. By then the soup had already arrived. As I tasted it, I was able to get the aromatic smell and taste of authentic thai food. It had all the great Ingredients of thai food like Lemon Grass and Thai pungent that I had been craving for so long. Because of the great soup I decided to have a full Thai meal and Chef cum owner Anand gave me great glass noodles with fresh bean sprouts and cashew nuts: these were the best glass noodles I have ever had. Being a food lover, I think the exotic Thai food was flavourful and exquisite.The classy ambiance and friendly service paired with the delicious food totally made my day.Next time I am in Trivandrum, I will definitely visit the restaurant again and would recommend it to everyone!
- Capt. Arjun Ramesh

• Visited January 2014
5 Thank CaptArjunRamesh
Kochi (Cochin), India
“Excellent food with a touch of difference.”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I had been there when i was busy attending International Film Festival of Kerala. Since I am a hardcore fish lover, i jus wondered and asked for some Grilled fish with vegetables... they happily taken my order and served me the most delicious grilled fish i ever eaten. I really enjoyed it.
And its the place with a different atmosphere i never seen a place like Trivandrum.

• Visited December 2013
5 Thank jaabsfilms
London, United Kingdom
“Great service, bad Thai food”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Zenzerro café is just one floor below another café/restaurant called Cherries&Berries that I had visited a day before, and I must say, both places looked modern and clean. In Zenzerro I decided to try the Thai food (Tom Yum soup and Pad Thai veg noodles) and for my fiancé I ordered pizza. I made special requests for the pizza as my fiancé had special dietary requirements. The owner of the place was such a nice person and so helpful that he prepared the pizza as I ordered.
The pizza was nice, but the Thai food was a big let-down. I was looking forward to having my favourite soup, but I must say it was a very bad attempt from the cook. The soup was quite thick, it was hotter from the black pepper than from the chillies and I could not taste lemon grass at all – the soup tasted more like a cheap soup from a Chinese fastfood. And I am sorry to say that but the noodles were not that much better either. I would not recommend this place for Thai food, but reviews are clearly complimentary for the other menu items.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank TKLon
Chennai (Madras), India
“Excellent!! ”
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

I am arjun from chennai. I visited trivandrum and I heard from a friend of mine about the burger at zenzerro and visited the place. The ambience was great, with good music in the background. I was also surprised to see actor Anand there, then came to know that he owns the place. Excited, I ordered for a tower burger, which my friend was raving about. The cafe was crowded and it took 20 minutes to get the burger which is quite a long time, but after eating the burger I had no regrets! It was soo juicy and full of flavour and I ordered for another one. The wait was worth it for sure!! I also had ocean blue, which is a cooler that goes very well with the burger. This place is a must visit for burger lovers!!

6 Thank Foodlover8807