“Expected a bit more. But all is good”

Biverah Hotel & Suites
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I visited this Hotel one more time. This time the one thing that surprised me was their offer of staying in Suite Room even when I had booked for executive since all rooms were booked. Though there was a water dripping in the room, it was rectified. The food was good. I could find much more variety in breakfast, which is good. I also enjoyed the buffet dinner which was excellent. During my stay I had a headache in the night and since I donot have the habit of carrying medicines, I asked the hotel, but to my great surprise, they had none. I then had to venture out and locate a shop to get a medicine. I would strongly recommend the Hotel to have a complete First Aid Kit.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BThomas_12
BiverahHotel, General Manager at Biverah Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Greetings from Team Biverah Hotel & Suites, Trivandrum ...!!

We thank you for having u with us again for accommodation arrangements & value your time in writing review. We are pleased to read your feedback and experience along with your recommendations.

Your reference to the points mentioned has been well noted. We apologies for your inconvenience caused on the shortcomings you experienced during your recent stay with us, since we are not allowed to keep any drugs and surely our team will assist in the procurement of medicines for you at any time.

We take your feedback and reviews seriously to improve ourselves and to ensure you the comfort that our team effort serves best to meet your requirements.

It will be a privilege to have you visit us again and assuring you our best of service and comfort as always.

Thanking you once again.

There are newer reviews for Biverah Hotel & Suites

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Had an opportunity to eat buffet lunch at Biverah. The food was good, homely, traditional with multiple options and a good spread. One does not have to spend much time to have a satisfying and quick meal at a reasonable cost. The ambiance is excellent.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
BiverahHotel, General Manager at Biverah Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Good Afternoon.

Thank you for patronizing Biverah Hotel & Suites.

We take this opportunity to thank you for dining at our Multi cuisine Restaurant –Diners’ Summit. We are thankful to know that we have met your expectations in terms of quality of food and beverage and services during your recent visit to our outlet.

We commit to provide a satisfactory service to all our guests. Thank you for taking time off to pen down your thoughts. A praise would be a motivation for us to monitor continue improvements & any critics would naturally be a reason for us to improve our service according to the requirements and desire of our valuable guests.

Looking forward to serve you again in the near future.

Thanking you once again.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from June 25th to July 2nd for an official work at InfoPark and had a wonderful experience. Especially the room ambiance ,neat and clean are wonderfully maintained. Hotel also provides high speed WIFI connectivity with a cost 60 INR per hour and 250 INR per day which I thought the cost is slightly high but anyhow it has helped a lot for me. Otherwise the room attendees and other staffs are so helpful and more importantly the complimentary breakfast is too good with multiple varieties. The hotel also has couple of decent restaurants with nominal cost.

Room Tip: You can choose any floor or any side, you can reach out by 24/7 working lifts.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
BiverahHotel, General Manager at Biverah Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Good Evening.

Thank you for patronizing Biverah Hotel & Suites, Trivandrum.

We are great full to know your feedback and thanking you for the valuable time in review about our hotel. We are happy to know your stay was comfortable and enjoyed our overall service. It being a motivation for all of us to monitor continue improvements and naturally be a reason to improve our service according to your requirements.

Assuring you our quality with comfort as always.
Looking forward to serve you again.

Thanking you once again

Team Biverah Hotel & Suites

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed there for four nights as part a family medical treatment at the medical college.
I have a very mixed feeling about it.

Location: About two kilometres from the medical college and far away from Trivandrum city centre and will need an taxi or auto every time you need to go any where from here unless you have your own transport. It is literally on a main road with only couple of parking spaces.

Reception: Walking past an uninterested 'security guard' cum door man sitting in the front (the only time I saw him getting up from his chair was when I checked out and was putting my bags *myself * in to the taxi. You know why), I took two big suitcases myself to the reception where I was greeted by the receptionist. He was friendly and helpful but needed to contact his boss every time a question is asked. There is no lobby as such. Just couple few chairs and a cake shelf which is part of the restaurant on the same floor.
Don't get the impression of grandeur from the photos provided on the web sites. You will be disappointed.
Room: Reasonable size
OK bed
Cleanliness- very poor (see the photos attached)
The smell of drainage (as experienced by many others here in trip adviser) is a reality and that was BIG put off for me. Just by closing the was basin and bath drain by a cup and bucket in the bath room sorted the smell. But every time you need to use it, the smell came back.
I asked the reception for another room which was not available. I then asked for a wash basin cap to close it. Never received it. I am not sure why the management is not looking in this problem that could probably be easily sorted. Apparently the drainage system is directly connected to the main drain the road. It is exactly the same rotten smell of a road side drainage pipe that you get in the room. :((

I also had privilege of the company of few spiders in the toilet. The house keeping staff seemed very surprised with that and was apologetic. But what is the point?

Food: OK food
Repetitive breakfast esp. idlis which gave an impression that they keep the left overs for the next day as it was not very busy in the hotel or restaurant while I was there.
Uninterested waiting staff who needs proper training in customer care. Blasting television with the channel of choice by the staff who is glued to it most of the time!

Come on. If you are running a restaurant and hotel, atleast make an effort to do it properly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
BiverahHotel, General Manager at Biverah Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Greetings from Team Biverah Hotel & Suites, Trivandrum ...!!

We thank you for taking time off to pen down your detailed review on the overall service, during your stay with us.

First of all, on behalf of the entire Biverah Team, Our sincere apologies for the inconveniences experienced.

We would like to inform you that we have conducted a point wise investigation based on your feedback and have initiated corrective actions to bring in the desired efficiency levels and ensure that there is no recurrence of the same. We have briefed the concerned departments to initiate corrective actions based on your feedback and as a team will personally monitor on the same. We also have planned an extensive training secession for our hotel staff, on Customer Relations.

Few things based on your review, would like to put up is about
On our breakfast part Idly / Sambar is one of our standard set menu dish for the daily breakfast, which is also demanded by the guest. That’s why you may have found it repetitive. We only make food based on the hotel occupancy for breakfast buffet. Even if there is any leftover we dispose it on the same day as we run a Bio – gas plant In house. There is no chance of leftover food placed on the buffet as each and every dish prepared is freshly for the buffet and all orders.

Regarding the drainage smell, unfortunately we had some maintenance work going on in the Sewage Treatment Plant at the time of your stay. The STP is not connected to the main drain road. We have already rectified it within a week.

It is through valuable feedback like yours that we strive to improve our services and I assure that we as a team will take care of each and every point which you have explained clearly, and will not leave any loose ends in providing the best services to our valuable guest.

Once again as a team we regret for the inconvenience you have faced, may we request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services.

We would like to request you to please accommodate our request of having you with us once more time where we can demonstrate to you how your feedback has resulted in immediate corrective actions and re-establish our credibility with you.

Looking forward to serving you again in the near future.

Please feel free to revert back to us for any other assistance.

Thanking you.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Good one. Price is quiet reasonable. Situated away from city rush, in a calm atmosphere. Crew were helpful. Toilet is neat and clean in contrary to some reviewrs observation. Will choose the same for my next visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
BiverahHotel, General Manager at Biverah Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Greetings from Team Biverah Hotel & Suites, Trivandrum ...!!

Thank you for taking the valuable time on reviewing your recent stay with us.
We are honored that you chose to stay with us; your observations given great value and been a motivation received to our team to improve ourselves every day and provide quality accommodation and service to meet your expatiations.

Assuring you our best service of all times and look ahead to welcome you back again.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed at Biverah Hotel and Suites for 2 weeks as part of a family medical treatment. The hotel is less than 2 km from medical college, easily accessible, very clean and with a friendly staff , right from the doorman to housekeeping.
The breakfast buffet is expansive with a wide variety of Indian and continental choices served with fresh juices. Mini , the hostess at the breakfast buffet, is the sweetest lady ,very courteous and cheerful,on the whole the breakfast experience is a great way to start your day.
Front desk staff is courteous and very helpful answering questions, room service provides great food and the chinese restuarant where we had dinner a couple of times serves excellent indo- chinese cuisine...
A special thanks to all the staff and Ram for making our stay so comfortable esp given the stressful circumstances we were under.
Great job Biverah staff! Keep it going...
Warm Regards,
Priya

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
BiverahHotel, General Manager at Biverah Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear Madam.

Greetings from Team Biverah Hotel & Suites, Trivandrum ...!!

Thank you for patronizing our hotel for the accommodation arrangement during your trip to the city.

We are delighted to known that your experience was memorable during the time span with us. Our team love to ensure that all our guests have a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Attaining services standards and quality we will ensure that every visit continues to be memorable.

The team Biverah Hotel & Suites to thank you for your time in review with appreciation and comment regarding our team members and hotel facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I am quite impressed with the service in general at this new property that I have tried out from 28th April - 3rd May. But there are several improvements that they must effect if they need to capitalize on the initial goodwill.

Ambiance: nothing specific to rave about; simple lobby.

Front Desk: quite proficient and professional in terms of checkin and check out experience

Rooms: Well maintained, clean n tidy overall. But the bathroom stinks...all pervasive undescribable stench perhaps related to the way they maintain the sewerage treatment system or so. I wasnt sure. I have tried three rooms before I settled in one room within a night. I wouldnt go to room number 705, 608 and 604 for sure. Else the room is decently appointed one. Executive rooms are really crammed up; and they are not standardized. It means one rooms would have one set of facilities as compared to the other room in same category. But deluxe room : 508 is quite better with space and arrangements.

Service: in general its quite good; but it must be pretty proactive. Staff can be presentable with minimum attention; yes they do have only functional knowledge in english. It may be a problem to a non-native guest.

Restaurant at Floor One: for breakfast: service is good. Breakfast spread is just fine.
Restaurant at Floor One: for dinner: service needs improvement; it takes quite a long time for them to deliver the order.

Food: just fine; but the quality of Lassi must be improved.

Laundry: real disappointment on both the counts of timeliness in delivering the clothes and quality of laundry. Quality of the laundry is pathetic.

Oversight: GM seems to be taking some steps to attend to any expressed issues or even day to day feedback that has been offered at the front desk.

Restaurant at Ground Floor: Chinese Specialty: throughout the one week of stay I could not find any guest venturing out for this restaurant. I did take chance to visit this joint only to be utterly disappointed with the crass attitude of the wait staff. Room is reverberating with loud music in the name of some IPL show. Even when there is no guest these folks seem to revel in themselves with that blaring sound called music...nor are they willing to reduce it even a bit. So is the arrangements of the chairs which are all over without any proper seating that is inviting for a curious visitor to the restaurant. Perhaps thats the specialty of this restaurant.

Safety: quite good; but I had the chance to checkout in the early hours of the morning only to find the lone security staff blissfully enjoying his sleep...

AC: is just fine; somehow it feels stuffy

Color coordination: some weird choices ( personal subjective aspect) seem to have been made with purple all over in contrast to shades of brown furniture...

Overall: quite good; worth a try; given the price value proposition that it has offered.

But it would be indeed better if they can attend and address all the above expressed aspects for a truly wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Try only the Deluxe rooms; perhaps on 5th floor. Ensure that you check out the bathroom before signi...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
BiverahHotel, General Manager at Biverah Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Greetings from Team Biverah Hotel & Suites, Trivandrum ...!!

We thank you for having us for your accommodation arrangements, as well your valuable time in writing review. We are pleased to read your feedback and experience along with your recommendations.

Your reference to the points mentioned has been well noted. We apologies for your inconvenience caused on the shortcomings you experienced during your recent stay with us.

We take your opinion and feedback comments very seriously to improve ourselves and to ensure you the comfort that our team effort serves best to meet your requirements.

It will be a privilege to have you visit us again.
Thanking you.