Uday Suites
Beach and Lake Ayurvedic Resort(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))(Great Value!)
$37
Vivanta by Taj - Trivandrum(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))
$99
Taj Hotels
Fortune Hotel The South Park(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))
$40
$38
  • Breakfast included
Windsor Rajadhani(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))
$59
$49
Agoda.com
Hotel Prathiba Heritage(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))(Great Value!)
$15
$12
Priceline
Treebo Adrak(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))(Great Value!)
Hycinth By Sparsa(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))
$70
TripAdvisor
Hilton Garden Inn Trivandrum(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))
$62
TripAdvisor
The Travancore Heritage Beach Resort(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))
$56
TripAdvisor
The Residency Tower(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))
$39
TripAdvisor
All reviewsairport hotelnear airportswimming poolinternational airportnice poolvalue for moneywill visit againrooms are largelocation is excellentroom servicerestaurant staffayurvedic spahouse keepingawesome stayspecial thankscheck in was smoothstayed for nights
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Far and away the best hotel I stayed at in South India.

The facilities - the room, swimming pool, and dining area - were exceptional. As lovely and beautiful as the pool was, the food was the real star of the hotel. I ate both the lunch and dinner buffets. I count a buffet to be a success when at least two of the dishes are good; here almost every dish was a stand out. It's almost a bad thing because you can't possibly eat as many of the things your stomach desires. For example, at lunch they offered two soups and both were worth trying and getting seconds of. There was a good selection for both veg and non-veg eaters. Be sure to try the fish if you are non-veg; this hotel is one of the few i found in South India that did not overcook it.

I would also like to mention something that probably is not so important to most people but impressed me greatly and shows this hotel's care and attention to detail: the minibar. I am a huge candy fiend and a big fan of Indian Cadbury. I was shocked to find the minibar was stocked with fresh candy manufactured the same month I was traveling. The freshness of candy bar makes a huge difference in how good it is and in most of the stores and shops in India I would be lucky if I could find something manufactured 1 or 2 months from the current date. I certainly expected hotel minibar candy to be older than that.

Location is nice as well. Kovalam beach is only a short drive away - but if you don't feel like leaving the hotel and would rather lounge at the pool, you couldn't choose a better hotel.

The only con I can come up, if you can call it that, is that there were large insects and small lizards outside of my door. I even saw a small lizard on a wall inside my room at one point, but I'm not really bothered by that kind of thing. It was kind of adorable actually. I only mention it if you're squeamish at the sight of something like that. It is practically a non-issue.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Located at just 5 minutes distance from Air port.Beach is 200 meters away but it is public beach having no great activities.
In side the hotel,it is is excellent .You can feel the beauty of Kerala!Excellent manicured lawns.Huge swimming pool.Nicely decorated rooms with all modern look & all possible comfort.
Ver good restaurant with helping staff.Option of A la Carte/ fixed menu available.Expierience of candle light dinner was the most memorable.(for this ,you have to request the staff).
Breakfast was also ver nice with various options.
Over all comfortable stay near airport.

Room Tip: All are good ,with balcony facing swimming pool.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Have stayed here several times this winter and can thoroughly recommend for someone wanting a "soft" landing/departure in south India. Rooms are spacious, comfy and clean, and the pool area is very nice.
However, the ladders into the pool have been broken for months and stll not fixed, I wonder why. Location is a bit off but, as said, good for its proximity to airport, and the restaurant, though fine, is a little pricy and could offer a more enticing breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I cannot praise this hotel enough. We arrived there at midday after a 15 night stay in India and following a fairly exhausting tour. Our long flight home to England was scheduled for the following day from Trivandrum airport.We had expected a rather drab looking airport hotel but we were surprised by this attractively designed hotel.Our welcome was warm but the drinks offered to us were cold. The standard double room booked for us was big with a pleasant balcony ,inside seating area as well as a good-sized bathroom.There is a pleasant pool and poolside area with a dining room. We ate a buffet lunch at the restaurant and had an evening room service snack. The lunch was superior to the evening snack, That said, the hotel was peaceful and the bed was very comfortable. This enabled us to have a restful last night ahead of the long journey home.

Room Tip: Ask to overlook the pool. These rooms have pleasant balconies.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Traveller504175
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The room was ok but I could clearly hear everything my neighbor was doing. I could not sleep at all and eventually I had to ask for a room change, pack all my stuff again and move early morning...very painful.
The menu is very limited and the food quality very very low, I ended up ordering a club sandwich that was really terrible (it was just bread not even toasted). Went down to the bar in the evening and asked for a camomile tea, camomile tea not available....
I woke up the next day and found and killed a cockroach in the toilet.
During the check out I was told that I have to pay consumptions from the mini bar even if I did not use it !!! I had to insist but eventually I did not pay but I was very embarrassed...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business