“Super convenient for Tvm airport - if you must use that airport!”
Review of Sunday B&B

and 1 more site!
Sunday B&B
UK
“Super convenient for Tvm airport - if you must use that airport!”
Reviewed January 29, 2011

Cheap, cheerful & clean. Easy to book & to find - just opposite the EXIT gate of Tvm airport. Non-ac rooms are not screened so we did have mosquitoes at night - not many, but one is too many! Also had a centipede in the bathroom. Lots of hot water. Take your own toilet paper. The beach is a short walk up the road but is dirty and the only eatery, the Indian Coffee House, is totally depressing. Fast turnover food means it probably won't make you sick. Scores of food vendors on the beach in the evening & not a rubbish bin in sight - guess where all the plastics, ice cream cones, packaging etc end up. I stopped one of the many policemen on duty (good - this beach used to be a crime spot) & asked him what he could do to coordinate better cleanup services & educate the public about plastic dangers to sea birds etc. My partner reassuringly told me he'd forget all about it after my big lecture. Oh, well. So, we ended up having dinner (nice chappatis) at the little tea shop opposite the entrance gate to airport. It's called Friends - no English sign, only Malayalam. Had our own discreet drink by having gin in a soda bottle & some cold Sprite that we bought from a local shop. Made the evening better after the disappointment of the sea-view Indian Coffee House environs ... early morning we just wheeled our cases & walked across to the airport. Personally, I would avoid Tvm airport unless necessary!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
asvik, Owner at Sunday B&B, responded to this review, January 31, 2011
Thank you for feedback. We have taken note of your points and work to resolve them.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 16, 2010

I stayed here at the end of my 2 week trip in India. Daniel, the man who runs the B&B is super helpful and runs a great place. I took a double, non a/c room on the 2nd floor and it was 500 rupees for the night. There was hot running water at all times, clean sheets, a western toilet and fans and opening windows. The room also had a TV and Daniel gave me a bottle of mineral water when I checked in.
Although the B&B may not be in the centre of Trivandrum, this isn't a problem as an auto will only cost you 50 rupees into town, or you can get the local bus. On Airport Rd there are whops and chai stalls and everything you need to get by if you're just staying there for the flight home in the morning like I was.
I'd definitely stay here again if I was going to Trivandrum as it's great value considering you also get breakfast. Compared to other places I've stayed in India (both in and out of Trivandrum) this place as really clean.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo