“You must avoid this hotel...” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Keys Hotel Thiruvananthapuram

Keys Hotel Thiruvananthapuram
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
“You must avoid this hotel...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

This hotel ruined my beautiful trip across kerala. The service is pathetic, it will take hours by the service staff to provide anything. The rooms are cramped, you can't make people stay in pigeonholes on the name of "Hotel for Business Travellers". The food is below par, i request for packed breakfast & what i got "stale slices of fruit & a water bottle". I requested for packed juice or just an apple, no people you are asking for too much.

I felt really sad of the fact that this hotel has been awarded by Tripadvisor in 2012, i hope a rare miss. But it is a big miss so people my advice please give this hotel a miss. Not value for money at all.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank VBhogal
KeysTVM, General Manager at Keys Hotel Thiruvananthapuram, responded to this review, April 16, 2013

We spoke.
I am indeed disturbed to learn about your experience at Keys Hotel Trivandrum. I would like to inform you that we have conducted a point wise investigation based on your feedback and have initiated corrective actions to bring in the desired efficiency levels and ensure that there is no recurrence of the same. I have briefed the Chef, Executive Housekeeper and Food and Beverage Manager to initiate corrective action based on your feedback and I am personally monitoring the same. The packed breakfast menu is changed with immediate effect and instead of cut fruits, now we would be serving whole fruits along with brownie, sandwich, tetra juice, nutri bar and water bottle. We have also made a note of your comments on the Extra mattress on the floor. We will evaluate the provision of having some Extra Beds(with cots). I am also happy to inform you that we have already placed the order for entire set of new linen which is expected shortly.

While once again regretting on behalf of all at Keys Trivandrum for the inconvenience you have faced, may I request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services.

Regards,

Kiron Nair

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Bengaluru, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

i had booked my hotel through expedia.co.in for Keys hotel trivendrum. i advice every one not to book this hotel as for 3300 bucks with out break fast complimentary the service is very pathetic. from out side keys looks very good but from inside the service is very pathetic. i boarded on 8th april, the moment i boarded room was not at all cleaned, bed sheets are all stained with blood marks, when i objected they have changed my room, and in the changed room also the AC was not effective. Also there are no news channels , setmax, etc . hardly there are some 40 channels with most of the channels are from regional language. you cannot watch IPL matches. you have only one english news channel. this not at all value for money. please keep away yourself from this hotel. also do not book your room for expedia because if you book for two days or more, you cannot cancel the booking in case of bad experience. also expedia will never take responsibility of bad service. also if you call their call centre number, they will keep you wait for hours and never respond.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
KeysTVM, General Manager at Keys Hotel Thiruvananthapuram, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Hi,

I am indeed disturbed to learn about your experience at Keys Hotel Trivandrum. I sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you as the desired channels are not a part of our bouquet as per the contract with the service provider. At Keys Hotels, we endeavor to provide value for money accommodation through our brand personality.
I would like to inform you that we have conducted a point wise investigation based on your feedback and as you would recollect , after our meeting during the tenure of your stay with us , we have initiated corrective actions to bring in the desired efficiency levels and ensured that there is no recurrence of the same. We had upgraded you to the Junior Suite the same day itself and I had personally made sure that the point pertaining to Linen and general cleanliness were taken care off.
It is through valuable feedback like yours that we strive to improve our services and may I assure you that I am personally taking care of each and every point which you have explained so clearly. As informed to you in our meeting ,hope you would be able to understand our stand on the unavailability of some TV channels as we are committed to abide the statutory norms. We are reviewing the same and if found viable, be rest assured that we would go in for additional channels in the rooms. As informed to you , we had made arrangements to view the IPL cricket match in one of our outlets- Unlock, where we have the license to broadcast it.

I would like to request you to please accommodate our request of having you with us once more time wherein my colleagues and I can demonstrate to you how your feedback has resulted in immediate corrective actions and re-establish our credibility with you. Kindly feel free to contact me directly whenever you are planning your next visit and I will personally make sure that you will have a comfortable stay with us.

Cheers,

kiron.nair@keyshotels.com
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I arrived midnight in Trivandrum and was just glad my travel agency chose this hotel for me.The guy at the front desk was a happy receptionist even on a midnight making me feel at ease.For a woman traveling alone, staying in Keys provided security.I just loved my breakfast experience trying out Keralan delicacies the first time. I enjoyed talking to the manager at the restaurant and he's been helpful in explaining this and that of each food.
The room was a bit ordinary..but comfy enough.Fixtures just need to be maintained like the shower and soap dish..and perhaps new towels esp for a female guest. Overall, I enjoyed my stay in one relaxing atmosphere. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KeysTVM, General Manager at Keys Hotel Thiruvananthapuram, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Hi,

We are delighted to hear that you were satisfied with your experience at Keys Trivandrum.

It is only with support and patronage from guest like yourself that we are able to create memorable experiences.

At Keys Hotels it is our constant endeavor to maintain high standards of service and efficiency. I am also glad to inform you that we have already placed the order for the entire set of new linen for the unit.

We look forward to your continued support, and welcoming you back on your next visit to Trivandrum

Cheers!

Mumbai (Bombay), India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Very basic hotel. Checked in on 13.03 and was allocated the 6th floor near the ice vending machine. There was terrible noise from the external AC Units. I was shifted to the second floor. The person who stayed in this room had not washed after having his meal as I could make out the turmeric mark on the quilt.I had to ask the house keeping to change the linen and wait for 20 minutes and 2 call before it got changed. It provided with one bathing towel only and no hand towel. Use liquid soap (from the dispenser) for bathing. In case you bathroom is not fitted with one then you will be eligible for a Lux Soap (I was unlucky on this part). I was suggested this hotel by a local. Very disappointed with the stay but the saving grace was the breakfast (I had idli, utappa and chutney).

Room Tip: Dont take the rooms adjacent to the lift or near the ice vending machine on the sixth floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
KeysTVM, General Manager at Keys Hotel Thiruvananthapuram, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Hi,

Greetings From Keys Hotel Trivandrum!!

I am indeed disturbed to learn about your experience at Keys Trivandrum,

Rest assured we have taken a note of your concern and have taken corrective measures to avoid any re-occurrence of the same. I would also like to inform you that we have already ordered for new Linen.

Request you to please treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services, and give us one more opportunity to serve you. Apologies for the inconvenience caused and assuring you the best of our services at all times,

Best Regards,

Mumbai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Centrally located just off Status Junction. One of the best that I have seen in no frills Hotel. Good rooms, good service, good food, good staff. Every thing about this Hotel is good.
Prompt and efficient staff.
Good restaurant for all the meals.
Small recreation area with pool table and play station free of cost to guest.
Over all a good experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
KeysTVM, General Manager at Keys Hotel Thiruvananthapuram, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Hi,

Greetings from Keys Hotel Trivandrum!
I am pleased to know that you were satisfied with our services and facilities, and you have rated as high.
We would like to thank you for taking your valuable time out and sharing your feedback, and we look forward to welcome you back in your next visit to Trivandrum.
Assuring you the best of our services at all times,

Cheers,

Salalah, Oman
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Overall very disappointed with certain cobditions.Money exchange wilk do only for foreigners though I have cone from Oman going back to Oman will not change for Indian onky foreigners????
Laundry has to be picked uo from reception will not send to room.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Arjun A, Front Office Manager at Keys Hotel Thiruvananthapuram, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time off to pen down your thoughts on your stay at Keys Hotel Trivandrum. We appreciate and value the same.

Noted your points however would like to inform you that as per the RBI rule the hotels are given only a limited license for currency exchange and only allowed for foreign nationals, as per rule we are not authorized to do a foreign exchange for an India national. With regard to laundry for the guest convenience and as per our standard policy the laundry needs to be picked up and delivered at the front desk and as an acknowledge we in turn give a slip with the guest signature on it to avoid any sought of discrepancies. However on request we would be pleased to pick-up your laundry from the room.

Assure you the best of our services all times. Looking forward to welcoming you back at Keys.

Best Regards,
Arjun A B
Nagoya, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on 17th of april, 2012 and was pleasantly surprised with the service.
The gym was small but good, breakfast was nice and the staff helpful.

Just one issue although it was later sorted out well by the staff. I had given my driving license for identification, which was not returned back to me immediately. I realized the mistake later and requested the hotel staff to courier it to my Delhi address, which was promptly done. I appreciate this, however, I am unable to understand the reason for not returning the DL after taking the copy. Is it because there were no guests after me and thus no need to check whats left in the copier.

Otherwise, my stay was pleasant and comfortable and I dont mind staying there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Arjun A, Front Office Manager at Keys Hotel Thiruvananthapuram, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time off to pen down your comments on your stay at our property. We appreciate and value the same.

I am pleased to know that you were satisfied with your experience of our services and facilities, and you have rated as high.

At the same time we would extend our sincere apology on behalf of my team for the disconnect happened in not returning back your ID. And assure you we shall definitely strive to reach up to your expectation on all grounds. And glad to know that you will be choosing Keys for your stay at Trivandrum.

Yours Truly