Bio Veda Hill Resort
Fortune Hotel The South Park(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))
$40
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Garden Inn Trivandrum(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))
$62
Vivanta by Taj - Trivandrum(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))
$99
Taj Hotels
Beach and Lake Ayurvedic Resort(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))(Great Value!)
$37
SP Grand Days(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))
$50
$48
Agoda.com
The Residency Tower(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))
$41
$40
Uday Suites(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))
$36
$33
Hycinth By Sparsa(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))
$77
$68
Agoda.com
The Travancore Heritage Beach Resort(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))
$60
$56
Priceline
Hotel Prathiba Heritage(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))(Great Value!)
$15
$12
Priceline
All reviewsneyyar damkali templeelephant sanctuaryayurvedic treatmentswestern ghatsdegree viewtreatment roomsthe cottageslocal walkspeaceful daystiny templelearning howlittle piece of paradisetranquil environmentslept like a babytreatment planhealth issues
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Pleasant, basic chalets with ensuites and covered verandas, with views of the Neyyar Dam and the surrounding mountains. Lovely walks through forests, rubber plantations, alongside irrigation canals and through friendly villages. In the morning you could hear the lions roar from a nearby nature sanctuary.

Very accommodating and friendly hosts with good advice about walks. Offers to organize trips. Very interesting, short climb to a nearby temple mount, with 360 degree views of the area. Food was basic vegetarian Keralite cuisine, made fresh and very tasty. There were novels available for borrowing to while away the hours in a lovely garden setting.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ElderTrekkers
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This was my eighth time in India and I can honestly say that I've never had such a lovely experience as at Bioveda. We were looking for somewhere beautiful and quiet to recover from our flight and gradually acclimatise, and this was it. The resort consists of seven airy and impeccably clean cottages tucked under a massive rock which has a temple to the goddess at the top. You can walk up there to get a breathtaking 360 degree view of forested hills and mist stretching away into the distance, watch the sun set in the evening, or rise in the morning. The garden that surrounds the cottages is filled with coconut palms, flowers, and, as I soon discovered, a range of Auyrvedic plants and herbs, and the whole place looks out onto mountain ranges, coconut and rubber farms, and the Neyyar dam.

Kala cooks the best food we had in four weeks in Kerala, served in a beautiful open air restaurant also looking out onto the view. Sunil, Murali and Hari are endlessly cheerful, helpful, and informative. We had intended to stay a week, but in the end we stayed for two. I was so impressed with Sunil's manner and his professionalism as an Auyurvedic practitioner that I decided to do a ten day treatment plan. I had no previous experience of Auyurveda and no expectations, but I had never liked the deep massages I'd previously received in the UK, which always left me debilitated. By contrast, every one of Sunil's treatments left me feeling wonderfully refreshed and rejuvenated.

Sunil received his training from his father, starting his apprenticeship at the age of 12. He not only has long experience of Auyurvedic treatments but is also knowledgeable about Ayurvedic plants and herbs, and made me up a number of different remedies and potions during my stay. He took me around the garden as he was doing it, showing me the herbs and how the medicines were put together. Murali patiently answered all our questions about philosophy, religion and politics and opened our eyes in a number of ways.

Another unexpected fascination at Bioveda was the people we met there. Actors, writers, bio-dynamic farmers.... to name but a few. Every day seemed to bring some new delight, from lying in the hammock staring out at the view, to walking nearby in the coconut trees, climbing the rock, or eating the incredible variety of fabulous food. We actually went pretty much nowhere in two weeks, and it was wonderful! The cottages have little verandas and good tables, so if you want to write or paint it's perfect. The next time I visit I intend to make Bioveda my base and travel out to local palaces and temples. I can't recommend Bioveda highly enough!

7  Thank tamsin_haggis
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We had a wonderful welcome when we arrived (picked up from Trivandrum, by Nizam their local driver, very knowledgeable and a safe driver!) and a breathtaking view. Our little Bungalow was very comfortable with a large bathroom, mosquito nets and fan, no need for AC. Lovely own terrace outside the room and a large garden to sit in. Sunil and his staff are very friendly and helpful, the home cooking is delicious. Lots of excursions can be arranged or you can just spend the day chilling out. Sunil gives a very good Ayurveda massage and there are a whole range of treatments available. Lovely walks down to the village though Rubber plantations and along a canal, a tough clime up to the Kali Temple above, but a tremendous view.

4  Thank Amanda H
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I read a lot of great reviews about this place, which is what brought me to it. I am so glad we went. Peace and quiet, amazing atmosphere and staff. Best curry I have ever had, and I have had many. Wonderful fresh juices. Sunil is there to help with any requests. Excellent proper Ayurvedic massage - not the touristy rub down you get at some places. It is not a flashy five star resort, but everyone there sure made you feel like you were at one. We stayed an extra day, and were sad to leave.

7  Thank Flamedancer
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Wow. What to say? I've - along with my wife - have travelled all over India as a tourist and a novelist and a journalist over the last twenty years, and stepping out of our car and seeing the view here was one of the very few times I've had my breath truly taken away.

Sunil and Murrily (apologies for any misspellings!) were terrific hosts. Charming and knowledgable. The rooms were beautiful, but even better were the gardens. Butterflies. Exotic plants. Even monkeys. You name it.

When we arrived, I wondered if we, two adults and three London-born kids, might have to activate our emergency supply of baked beans and tuna cans, but food - and drink, including excellent chilled beers - seemed to arrive just when we wanted it. My kids (new to India) were catered for too.

For me, the highlights were: the proximity of the excellent elephant sanctuary (the lion safari was less appealing); the temple (a ten minute hike, offering a panoramic view of the valleys); the fact we were in a working rubber plantation; and the food, which was AWESOME; as well as Sunil's awesome massages and the fact he managed to get a henna artist in to decorate us all.

A brilliant stay.

Room Tip: There are two rooms next to each other, so if you are a family with kids, you can be next to one another.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family