I was here on a business trip and we stayed at this hotel because the one at Kovalam was fully booked. Must say the hotel exceeded my expectations in terms of decor, service and overall experience. It is unfair to compare this hotel with its cousin in Kovalam because that is more of a resort experience and this one is like a normal hotel but is best for those who want to be closer to the city. But some of the staff is same, and service levels are generally good. Above all is the warmth of the staff - the legendary Taj touch. A special mention for Veronica at the front desk who spoilt me with roses and cake as it was my birthday.
The coffee shop, the fifth element is very good and the food is good. Service could be faster. The newly opened Chinese restaurant, Chinapolis was disappointing because of the interminable wait for the food and the clueless staff. Go there only if you have ample time on hand!
Rooms are tastefully done up, though bathrooms seem a little tired and old. Try for a pool facing room on the 6th floor!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the most happening restaurants which open to the lobby to create an enticing food zone offering the best in world cuisine. Technology is woven through it all. Vivanta by Taj - Trivandrum, has all the entertainment and connectivity options today's traveller requires. Become a part of our world. Feel the pulse of an international business and conferencing destination. Experience the buzz. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, DerbySoftTaj, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Trivandrum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Trivandrum Hotel Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
- Vivanta By Taj - Trivandrum Kerala, India