It was so unexpected! We didn't book this hotel in advance. We booked a homestay and unfortunately it was not suitable for us. We asked our taxi driver to take us to a nice hotel. From the moment we arrived we felt very much at home. We were welcomed with a complimentary drink and garland, even though we were only checking out availability and prices.
The reception staff are wonderful and will go out of their way to help you. All you have to do is ask! We didn't need persuading to go and collect our luggage from the previous place and were shown into this lovely little ground floor cottage. It was very clean with all the amenities and always had hot water. The bathroom was well appointed. The bed was very comfortable and they had sat tv. Tea and coffee station and fridge. Basically, everything you wanted.
We joined in the cookery class and watched the Kathkali dancing - both were great. The restaurant staff were very attentive and although there were not many guests when we were there, (we stayed in September), they were very obliging to our requests. I had to ask for lemongrass to keep the mosies at bay - but that was provided immediately.
The guys on the reception went out of their way to assist us with information and even helped me to get up into the tree house café, which I thought was excellent! Being up their reminded me of being in Nepal.
The restaurant staff were also so lovely and of course the housekeeping staff! They presented me with a lovely posey of roses on our departure.
All in all it was a very beautiful place with beautiful people. If you are considering where to stay in Thekkday, don't hesitate in choosing Greenwoods. Thank you to all - you made our trip.
Sorry we didn't review earlier but unfortunately I had an accident at our last destination hotel and have been very unwell for 5 weeks.
God bless you all and thank you.
John and Debbie (UK)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lush green forests, cool breeze and abundant wildlife beckon you to the Green Woods Resort, Thekkady. Treat your aesthetic senses with the breathtaking beauty of Thekkady, while your mind takes a break from the mundane. Green Woods is located on a quaint hill, surrounded by spice plantation, besides being just a stone's throw away from the Periyar Tiger Reserve. Drive up the winding road, straight into the heart of Green Woods, and remember to leave your watch behind because time simply stops here.Luxury Private pool suites are one of the best options for a honeymooner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Greenwoods Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Woods Hotel Thekkady
- Greenwoods Resort Thekkady, Kerala