We felt that we picked just the right place. Wildernest is kept meticulously clean, the staff are very friendly and helpful, and the breakfasts are delicious. The location is perfect as it is relatively quiet, despite being very close to the nearby shops and restaurants, and the wildlife park is very near too (you can either walk or get a tuk-tuk). The room was amazing, and really huge (there were 3 of us as we were travelling with our 10-year-old son), and we loved the balcony where we could watch the monkeys playing in the trees and across the road. You have to keep the balcony door shut at all times so they don't come inside! The staff arranged our 'jeep safari' into the park, and that was just amazing - amongst other things we did a 3-4 hour walk in the forest with a superb guide and it was the experience of a lifetime (after at least 3 hours' walking our son (who was a leech-magnet, and normally complains about long walks) suddenly said "I LOVE INDIA"!!). We loved staying at Wildernest and would stay there again if we (hopefully) go back one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wildernest is a serene Bed & Breakfast within the evergreen rain forests of Thekkady, Kerala. Ten large, well-appointed rooms comprise The Wildernest. Each of them is different and they come attached with a private garden or a private balcony. You will find that the balconies overlook and offer a splendid view of the bamboo jungle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Wildernest Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wildernest Hotel Idukki
- Wildernest Bed And Breakfast
- Wildernest Bed & Breakfast Thekkady, Kerala