We arrived at The Elephant Court for a two night stay early afternoon folllowing a long drive from Munnar. We received was a friendly welcome in the spacious open sided reception area then were shown to our room.
This was in a small block quite close to reception Others were cottage style throughout the grounds, although they were quite close together. Ours was large and clean with all the facilities you would expect. There was also a large balcony with wicker loungers. Luckily ther's an overhanging roof as the rain was torrential - apparantly the monsoon was late - so we could still sit outside.
The restaurant was superb. We had the buffet both nights and ate a la carte at lunchtimes, sticking to Krealan food. The staff were helpful and friendly, especially the chef who took obvious pride in his cooking.
There's a pool on a terrace at the back of the restaurant, but due to the horrendous weather we didn't use this.
You do have to go across some open areas to get between the rooms and reception / restaurant, so make sure you've got an umbrella!
Overall, a great place to stay in Thekkady.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "The Elephant Court" is the one and only classified 5 star resort and is largest and most luxurious resort at Thekkady and Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary. The resort is conveniently located near the Periyar Tiger Reserve and all major tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Elephant Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Elephant Court Hotel Thekkady
- Elephant Court Hotel Thekkady
- Elephant Court Thekkady
- The Elephant Court Thekkady, Kerala