“Very good.. Looking forward to visit again this year”
Review of The Elephant Court

The Elephant Court
Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Thekkady
Reviewed September 2, 2013

To start with- we visited Kerala last year 2012 with Family.
Thekkady was a place of our plan because of Periyar. We were pleased by Hotel staff with their Welcome treat for the guests. It was equal to All. even rooms were really good with local troop performing folk dance at their place for all.
We had wonderful stay at night. I am writing this review thinking this is time for people to know that The Elephant court is Good and Worth to Stay. Even honeymooner's should give it a try. Little expensive stay than other's but still worth of it. They offered good service to children as well. I am Really looking forward to visit The Elephant Court again.

regards,
Shashank, Pune.

Room Tip: If you have good budget pl try Pool studio
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
TECThekkady_Kerala, General Manager at The Elephant Court, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at The Elephant Court !!.

I was delighted to read that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. It was also nice to read your kind words about the resort which you have kindly mentioned was highly recommendable, the rooms which you found to be spacious and comfortable.
Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Elephant Court in future.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

On my recent Visit to Thekkady we spent 2 days in this hotel. The over all experience is good. The ambiance is of 4 star quality & the food quality was also good, only one suggestion, kindly add DTH service to your room Television, as their is no alternative choice rather then, only, local regional channel, we as an outsider is useless. Over all a good place to stay in and at a very good location. The local market and the Periyear lake were nearby located

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us except the selection of television channels. We are in a move to switch over the channels to digital system.
Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Elephant Court in the future.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We recently had a trip to Kerala for 7 nights and unfortunately stayed in "The Elephant Court" for a night. It was the worst ever dining experience I have ever had in my life. There were only 20-25 people sitting in the restaurant and these guys were not able to serve food. It was start of the dinner time when we ordered food and requested for butter Nan. They served the first round and then we waited for at least 20-25 mins for next round. When nobody turned up, we asked them about the status when they mentioned they are out of Nan... and the best part is nobody bothered to inform us where we were waiting for the food on the table. Then they brought some rotis (wheat bread), which were half burnt... When we called their chef, he himself admitted that this is not up to the quality and any human being cannot eat it... When we asked if there is any F&B supervisor or duty manager available for complaint, unfortunately no one was available in so called 4 star resort. Best part is this guy started bargaining stating I will offer you 10 rotis (wheat bread) bill discount. Next morning, I went to reception to complain and so called Mr. Manager started the same process... I will offer you 500/- bucks discount, or will give you water bottles for your trip... Please take some cakes for your kids... etc…etc…I was really pissed off with this drama and left the place without any further discussion. That guy took my phone number as his management will call me to say sorry and regret about the incident... I also took their management number but the number they provide for their GM, is not reachable... I will never recommend this so called resort to anybody... Of course ambiance is good, but rooms are OK with no modern amenities...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nitsishere

Dear Valuable Guest,
Sorry for the late response.
Thank you for posting your review of our hotel.
Although you sounded like you did not have that much of a nice experience during your stay in our hotel,
I do apologize for this but allow me to assure you that this is an isolated case. We will investigate what happened and we will make sure that the same incident will not happen again.
Thank you and I hope it will not take too long before we have you here again.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

the Elephant Court looks very imposing when arriving here. the uniformed doormen, the stylish entrance, the helpful staff.
We visited the place at the end of July in the rainy season and nothing much was going on. The pool was very uninviting, the restaurants were empty and too large. The food was mediocre and the music was blend and western. We had expected so much more, but maybe we were too early. The constant rainfall did not help either.
On the positive side : helpful staff, nice rooms (although the showers/bath rooms are outdated) and a beautiful balcony. The plot of land seems too small for the number of rooms and the facilities, so with a few more guests, this hotel will look very crowded.
not a bad place to stay, but we had higher expectations.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Sajan_Cochin, Head of Sales at The Elephant Court, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2014

Dear Patron.

Greetings from The Elephant Court , Thekkady !

My apologies for the late reply. I have just joined the team and we have started to reply to all reviews. We respect guest comments and we have high regard for the valuable feedback from our guests.

We are delighted to see your review on Tripadvisor. We are glad to learn that you enjoyed our hospitality and had a memorable experience while holidaying in Thekkady.

Your appreciation has been conveyed to our team and your concerns have been addressed by taking corrective measures.

Once again , many thanks for choosing The Elephant Court to be your host.

Look forward to your next visit.

Warm regards

Sajan Joseph
sales@theelephantcourt.com

Reviewed July 5, 2013

With my friend & family we had great time at resort. Food was good & they make special butter chicken on our request. Staff is very cooperative. Rooms are big & clean. Pariyar wild life boat safari was a ultimate experience. You feel like in heaven.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
TECThekkady_Kerala, General Manager at The Elephant Court, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Elephant Court !!!!!!

Thank you for choosing Elephant Court and for taking the time to write your feedback in TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read that you had a good time at our hotel. On behalf of my team, I would like to thank you for your nice comments about the food, service & ambiance of the property. The message will be pass to all our valid staffs and I' m sure they will be glad about their confidence.
Thank you once again for your commendation and we look forward to your to return visit.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at The Elephant court, rooms are clean and I really enjoyed my morning sip of tea on the wooden platform in the balcony/sit out area attached with the room. The spread of the food was good too. The spa facility are very basic.
I recommend the hotel if you planning to visit Thekkady.

Room Tip: Prefer a room on the blocks closer to swimming pool area, though there is no view towards swimming p...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Elephant Court !!!!!!!!

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are truly delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us and were pleased with the service and facilities available at the resort. Definitely, we will consider to improve the spa facility. It was indeed our pleasure to have you as our guest and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Great ambience. the hotel is built in a traditional local architecture (lots of wood). The room where I staid has a nice and relaxing balcony/terrace. The service was very good . Great location quite close to Periyar National Park entrance. Food at the restaurant is good, I recommend a refreshing banana lassi.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
TECThekkady_Kerala, General Manager at The Elephant Court, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Elephant Court !!!!!

We thank you for posting a review on trip advisor.
It is a pleasure to read from your review you had enjoyed your recent stay with us. I will pass your compliments to our team members.Your kind comments are truly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,