It is an amazing place with a lot of effort to conserve energy. Most of the products are made of recycled stuff. The staff was amazingly sweet and prompt. You feel welcomed from the moment you enter the hotel. The food is out of the world where a lot of variety is home grown organic food. Have never tasted whole meal muffin before this. The spread was lavish and the food especially prawns and fish were amazing.
Tried the massage at the Ayurveda center and literally slept through as it was so relaxing. Since we had gone in the monsoon, the beauty of the place was unbelievable.
Good recreation activities. The bar has some amazing photos on the wall.
All in all, superb place. Only small drawback was the mosquitos which I am not sure can be attributed to the season.
The staff came all the way out to say bye to us and that was a very sweet gesture.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spice Village is an eco resort in the hills(thekkady) near the Periyar wildlife sanctuary. A cluster of tribal style huts set in a beautiful spice garden is a great escape for most tourists from the heat of the plains, and also a great place for some adventure activities. We have a comfortable pool, an ayurvedic spa, we organise treks into the forest, bamboo rafting and many more. A walk through the property itself is a great way to explore many aspects of nature and the green initiatives undertaken at this eco resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Spice Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spice Village Hotel Thekkady
- Spice Village Thekkady, Kerala