We stayed next door to the Spice Village and went to the restaurant on the recommendation of guests staying there. Buffet was pretty standard mix of local and international food, served in a lovely setting. Imagine our horror when we left the waiter returned and said we had only left 2,000 rupees. We're not sure where the other 1,500 rupees went and it leaves a bitter taste. Strongly suggest non-residents avoid Spice Village, you're not welcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spice Village is an eco resort in the hills(thekkady) near the Periyar wildlife sanctuary. A cluster of tribal style huts set in a beautiful spice garden is a great escape for most tourists from the heat of the plains, and also a great place for some adventure activities. We have a comfortable pool, an ayurvedic spa, we organise treks into the forest, bamboo rafting and many more. A walk through the property itself is a great way to explore many aspects of nature and the green initiatives undertaken at this eco resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Spice Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spice Village Hotel Thekkady
- Spice Village Thekkady, Kerala