We stayed for 3 days just prior to Christmas. The standard of accommodation was very good (our room had no air-con but none was needed at this time of year and at a slightly higher and cooler altitude). The staff were very friendly and we received good service. Sadly, we didn't think much of the food. The buffet was very plain and pandering to European tastes rather than offering many quality local dishes. Especially disappointing when the cost was 5 times that of what you'd pay in one of the local restaurants. Things to do: we recommend the full day 'border hike' in the forest on the hills in the Periyar game reserve and riding the elephants at Elephant Junction (go for the 2 hour option but take a change of dry clothes). We had a fabulous vegetable masala at the Pepper Garden (prepare to wait as it is freshly prepared).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spice Village is an eco resort in the hills(thekkady) near the Periyar wildlife sanctuary. A cluster of tribal style huts set in a beautiful spice garden is a great escape for most tourists from the heat of the plains, and also a great place for some adventure activities. We have a comfortable pool, an ayurvedic spa, we organise treks into the forest, bamboo rafting and many more. A walk through the property itself is a great way to explore many aspects of nature and the green initiatives undertaken at this eco resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Spice Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spice Village Hotel Thekkady
- Spice Village Thekkady, Kerala