This Eco-Lodge is a wonderful place to stay in Kerala. There are spice and tea plantations nearby as well as a wildlife sanctuary. We stayed 3 nights and could have stayed longer. the hotel has cooking lessons every evening, as well as a dance performance. They also had tours of the 'village' and other tours/treks of the area available. The food was outstanding. I like Indian food, but I loved Kerala food. It was an easy walk to the many clothing, spice, and other shops. The spa was quite nice. The gentle facial was lovely but a bit different from other facials I've had. The massage was more of a hard rub, but with 2 women giving the massage at the same time, it was quite an experience. My friends enjoyed some of the more unusual offerings too. Internet was free and available on a porch. The pool was refreshing and the sign says we are swimming in bottled water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spice Village is an eco resort in the hills(thekkady) near the Periyar wildlife sanctuary. A cluster of tribal style huts set in a beautiful spice garden is a great escape for most tourists from the heat of the plains, and also a great place for some adventure activities. We have a comfortable pool, an ayurvedic spa, we organise treks into the forest, bamboo rafting and many more. A walk through the property itself is a great way to explore many aspects of nature and the green initiatives undertaken at this eco resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Spice Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spice Village Hotel Thekkady
- Spice Village Thekkady, Kerala