My girlfriend and I stayed at Paradisa Plantation for 2 nights as part of a month-long odyssey across India and it was one of the highlights of our trip. We had the most amazing time here.
The accommodation was as fantastic as the views – the retreat is comprised of beautifully furnished traditional wooden houses nestled in the lush and bountiful jungle of the cardamom hills.
As for the food, the kitchen at the Paradisa Plantation is something of a culinary miracle. No corners are cut and no sacrifices made in presenting guests with incredible freshly prepared dishes of traditional Keralan cuisine. The breakfast fruit platters are fit for a king and the evening meals of fresh fish are incredible and the portions huge! The manager Roy is hugely passionate about the food and his attention to detail and keenness to impress and please guests is second to none. The team there demonstrate a lot of creative flair with the food and the freedom they are given really shows.
But the real highlight of our visit here was our host, Simon... He took us on walks and on a visit to his tea factory where he showed us how tea is made and entertained us with his stories and his knowledge of the area: from the local flora and fauna to the wildlife and birds. He even took us for a beer to the most amazing planters club which, in my opinion, stands as one of the greatest bars on earth for it's character and charm! He really made our time there very special.
If you're thinking about a trip to Kerala don't hesitate in booking here. We can't wait to return!
Simon, thanks for your hospitality
K & C
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradisa Plantation Retreat is set on an organic coffee and spice plantation in the hills of Kerala. The Retreat comprises traditional wooden cottages, embellished with invaluable antiques. The activities available are yoga, cooking lessons, visit to the tea factory(12 kms), visit or massage at the Ayurveda centre(8 kms), and Periyar Tiger Reserve (40 kms). There are many spectacular walking routes. One leaves the Retreat invigorated by the fresh air, pampered by the caring staff and visually delighted. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Paradisa Plantation Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisa Plantation Retreat Hotel Thekkady
- Paradisa Plantation Retreat Idukki
- Paradisa Plantation Retreat Thekkady, Kerala