We stayed here for three nights in March, we were the only guests and were treated like royalty! The Paradisa Plantation is off the beaten track high up in The Nilgiri Hills, the views are to die for. It is surrounded by forested mountains and jungle where a thousand elephants and thirty six tigers are reputed to live. The exotic birdsong and smells of sweet jasmine (actually exuding from the wet coffee plant flowers) greeted us in the morning. We felt we were in heaven. We stayed in Cardamon Cottage, an antique 150 year old Keralan house. We had comfortable twin beds in a huge room with beautiful furnishings and decor. The bathroom was outside in typical keralan style. There was a large private verandah with lots of seating. From here we just sat and breathed in the natural beauty of our surroundings, sipped tea, munched on Roy's special chocolate biscuits and indulged in pure relaxation. Lovely Roy, the manager, attended to our every need. He was a superb and knowledgeable guide (and chef!) and walked us up to Panchilmedu high up on the hill behind. Here there was a Hindu shrine, a legendary pilgrimage site of The Pandavas. On the way up he showed us exotic plants like the huge dangling Jackfruit (largest fruit in the world!), mangoes, peppers, cinnamon, tea, lemongrass etc. All truly fascinating! The food here was out of this world, sourced locally, healthy and delicious. Roy took great care in explaining what was on offer, usually fish or chicken accompanied by superb vegetable dishes and rice. Cool Simon, the owner, took time to chat with us and took us to a tea factory-very interesting and then on to an Ayurvedic hospital for a full body massage. We left The Paradisa Plantation feeling thoroughly cleansed and ready for our next stop, Munnar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradisa Plantation Retreat is set on an organic coffee and spice plantation in the hills of Kerala. The Retreat comprises traditional wooden cottages, embellished with invaluable antiques. The activities available are yoga, cooking lessons, visit to the tea factory(12 kms), visit or massage at the Ayurveda centre(8 kms), and Periyar Tiger Reserve (40 kms). There are many spectacular walking routes. One leaves the Retreat invigorated by the fresh air, pampered by the caring staff and visually delighted. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda and Hotwire so you can book your Paradisa Plantation Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisa Plantation Retreat Hotel Thekkady
- Paradisa Plantation Retreat Idukki
- Paradisa Plantation Retreat Thekkady, Kerala